cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come and say Hello! (May 2023) What spring events or races do you have planned?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the Strava Community Hub.  We're so glad you're here.

If you're new here, this is a Community ritual we like to keep going each month to have you come and introduce yourself - we would love to find out more about you and what brings you to the Community Hub.

Blue Modern Creative Activities Checklist.png

Now that spring has arrived (for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere at least) I'm sure many of you are looking forward to outdoor activities in the coming months.

Whether it's some kind of a race, or a leisurely trek at a favorite spot, drop us a reply below, introduce yourself, and let us know what you've got planned!  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

4 REPLIES 4

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

I’ve already done my spring event.  My annual birthday ride with my son, The New Forest (UK) sportive.  This year was 95km in 3.5 hours. We were going to do the 127km ride but a missing rear thru axle delayed our start by 2 hours.    A fun day. 

Hi @BryanC 

Sounds great and what fun way to celebrate your son's birthday.  Funny how mechanical issues tend to pop up at the most inconvenient times, but sounds like you didn't let it spoil the day!  Is there a lot of climbing in that ride?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Well actually it was my birthday.  
The New Forest can be hilly, so yes about 800m but some of the hills are about 10%

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

My big activity this month is the GFNY (bike race starting in NYC).  This year is the first time I will be doing this race (I have done a few century rides in the past, as well as a metric century MTB race).  Hoping for some nice weather for it, and that everyone in the race has a great time.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings