cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava Community Hub members, come introduce yourself! (August)

LouB
Strava Alumni

The Strava Community Hub is a collaborative space where we can all come together as athletes to share what motivates us to reach our goals. We are all about building connection and understanding each other better as well as how Strava is helping us with our goals. 

We'd love to get to know you, here's a few icebreakers to get you started

• What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • What's the activity that you are enjoying the most this season?

Drop your introduction into the thread below and let's start talking. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

23 REPLIES 23

Josh_ITE
Mt. Kenya

Hey everybody!  My name is Josh and I live in Ontario, Canada.  I love anything on two wheels... TT, road, bikepacking, fat biking, gravel.  I also run but it is not as fun haha.  I have done an ultra, some marathons, and lots of trail.  I just love being outside.  I fell in love with chasing segments, mostly on the bike.  It kept me engaged through the pandemic.  Often, just racing myself was the ultimate goal.  So happy to read your stories. Cheers!

Hey Josh!
Thanks for joining the Community!
TT, Road, Bikepacking, Fat Biking, and Gravel. Looks like you're going to be the Ultimate Cyclist at this rate! 
Excited to read more from you down the road!

KBryant24

ib
Mt. Kenya

Hi Eve,

My name is Igor Bujanović (pronounced as Bujanovich), I'm from Croatia but living in Germany for over 20 years, favorite activity is cycling (all sorts, I have 6 bikes), in winter season it's indoor cycling and alpine skiing, and I do gym all over the year. Sport is helping me looking fit and happy 😁

ib.jpeg

Bok @ib , dobrodošao u naš Community Hub/welcome!

Thanks for sharing your story - 6 bikes are an impressive collection 🚴 ! Looking forward to hearing about your experience with Strava!

Greetings from Dublin from a fellow Croatian!

Lola
(She/her)

Leaphart3
Shkhara

Hi All! 

• What's your name? Wade Leaphart
  • Where are you from? Charlotte, NC
  • What's the activity that you are enjoying the most this season? Strength Training, Walking/Hiking, Paddle Boarding

I love Strava Challenges (silly badges) and motivation to/from others via Kudos. 

I'm an admin of the D!CK'S Sporting Goods Strava Club (https://www.strava.com/clubs/dickssportinggoods). Come play with us! 

Hey Wade, 

Thanks for your post. I agree, Kudos provide great motivation; and I'm also a fan of the Strava Challenges! 

We're happy to have you here and look forward to your contributions to the community. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

ShakeNBakeUK
Mt. Kenya

Hi, my name is Ben and I'm from Surrey - UK. My primary sport is short track speed skating but as my cardio ability is god awful & ice time is limited, I have also taken up road cycling since 2019 to shore up my weaknesses (Cat C on Zwift). Might be doing some racing in Masters category this season 😉 

Hi Ben, 👋 nice to see you here! How does one get into short-track speed skating? Cross training is great, I'm a big cyclist myself and am constantly amazed by how much I get out of training consistently. Good luck racing this season!

it's a very niche sport in the UK, but long story short 1) live near an ice rink 2) show up to a lot of public sessions, race everyone that moves and get "fast" 3) get destroyed by someone doing 2 pushes per straight (?!) 4) ask them how tf they are so fast and profit 😄 

equally demanding between strength, stamina & technique (a weakness in any one of the three will hold you back significantly) and is almost entirely anaerobic (i go into the red just sitting in the basic position!) but available ice time is very limited, so cycling is a good backup & uses similar muscle groups = good for working on lactate resistance etc. 

Zwifting during the pandemic whilst ice rinks were shut down revolutionised cardio training for me, now I do lots of cycling both indoors & out to supplement my skating! (my FTP still sucks though lol) 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings