cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava Family, Welcome Home! (October)

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey!

First, I want to thank you for visiting our Strava Community Hub. This is a space where athletes are able to meet and treat each other like Family. As your Family Member, I would like to say Welcome Home!

My name is Bryant and here are a few things about myself.

I'm originally from Memphis, Tennessee but coming up on my fourth year living in California.

• I'm approaching my 2 Year Anniversary working for Strava.
  • My favorite sport is Basketball but I use Running on Strava to track my conditioning and stay in shape.
  • My goal for this month is to run a total of 60 miles. At 2 miles per day, I believe this is very possible and would be a huge accomplishment!

It would be great to get to know you! Please introduce yourself to your Strava Family and let us know a bit more about you, your favorite activity, and any goals that you have for October.  Drop your introduction into the thread below and we'll be here to cheer you on! 

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

2 REPLIES 2

therunningryan
Shkhara

Hi Bryant! 

I'm excited to be part of the Strava family. I don't recall how long I've been a member, but started running back in 2015 when I signed up for my first half marathon (the Disneyland Half Marathon). I've never really been an athletic or sports person, but after completing my first race, the runners high just stuck with me and have been running ever since.

I'm currently training for the Walt Disney World Marathon (January 2023) so this month's goal is to stick to the training plan and hit the target distance. I've hired a coach to help guide me through, and we've been using strava to follow along in my performance which is great. I also like how my coach only gives me a my workouts for the next 2 weeks, making the training less intimidating and allowing me to focus on the now rather than the later. But because of that, I don't know what my October milage would which makes it exciting to see where I'll end at the end of the month.

I hope to hear more from the community!

Follow me on: Strava, Instagram, or YouTube!
Or check out my blog!

Hi therunningryan!

Thanks for posting. The runner's high definitely makes you come back for more. We wish you the best of luck for your Marathon. Please let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for being part of the Strava community!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings