cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting old and want to reset my PRs

jeanlucpz
Shkhara

Hi,

Let's face the facts: I am getting older. This year has been a very tough year seeing me going thru a rough patch. So bad I had to hang up my bike for months not knowing when I'll be back on wheels, and even if I'd be able to do so. 

Anyways now I am back but when I am seeing my PRs, I know for a fact I will never be able to better them. 

Is there a way to reset all my PRs on all segments? Ideally choosing a date, say "forget all PRs set before December 1st, 2022". I read people saying to just create a new account, well it is a bit extreme because I still want to keep the statistics for distances I rode. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pamungkas5
Mt. Kenya

I'm agree with you, I want to view my PR on a specific year, not my entire life. Also, when I compare with my friend, I want to compare our performance on the same year, not on our best performance for say the last 10 years.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

BenL
Mt. Kenya

I'd like this too. I have had a bad accident with a fractured vertebrae and I'm unlikely to reach the kind of speed I had before for a very long time.

At one point they had a "best time this year" feature, something like that but for personal records.

pamungkas5
Mt. Kenya

I'm agree with you, I want to view my PR on a specific year, not my entire life. Also, when I compare with my friend, I want to compare our performance on the same year, not on our best performance for say the last 10 years.

Glad to hear you agree on this.

More than a year passed since I wrote the original post and my current PRs are very far from what they were up 3 years ago. 

EriconNeptune
Shkhara

I sure hope someone can provide an answer. Injuries and age can make our old PRs obsolete, especially for those of us who are older.

Thank you for endorsing my request. 

You tell me. By the time I'll restart cycling I'll be 63

ChristopheVdm
Mt. Kenya

I want to reset my PRs too. Last september I had a nasty crash. Broke 5 vertebrae, 4 ribs & my pelvis. I have not been cleared by the doctor to ride outdoors yet. But when I restart cycling outdoors,  my old PRs will be obsolete and of no use to measure my progression

Thank you Christophe to back my request.

And I hope you'll be back on wheels pretty soon, your crash sounds like it was pretty nasty indeed. 

ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

Getting older doesn't mean you can't ever beat any of your old PRs. I'm 61 and have set 607 new PRs so far in 2022. Use those old records to keep yourself motivated.