cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here? Come and say Hello! (April 2023)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the Strava Community Hub.  We're so glad you're here.

If you're new here, this is a Community ritual we like to keep going each month to have you come and introduce yourself. Share whatever you're comfortable with, whether that's what activities you like to do, what you're interested in learning from other Strava athletes to help you go further, or just a random fact about yourself.

A few things about me:

1) I'll be celebrating my 10 year work anniversary with Strava next month

2) I'm super happy that spring time is almost here in the Northern Hemisphere

3) I was just gifted a book "At the Edge: Riding for My Life" by Danny MacAskill.  For anyone not familiar with Danny, he's a Scottish Street Trials cyclist acclaimed for daring stunts.

DM.jpeg

Has anyone read it?  I can't wait to dive in.

Thanks for visiting the Community Hub and we would love to hear from you!  Drop us a reply below.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

5 REPLIES 5

Griff2621
Shkhara

I wasn't aware of the book! Looking forward to your "Book Review" post later 😅

I'm new to the community hub. New-ish to Strava. Just submitted an idea, hopefully it gains some traction!

I got back into using Strava for activity recording for road biking. I had some foot surgeries over the last few years that took running off the table for me so I needed some cardio other than the dreaded stationary bike I have at home. So I picked up a new-to-me 2019 Trek Domane AL 3 and after about 400 miles in the Fall I was hit by a car 😑

Thankfully I wasn't hurt but the bike was toast. After about 8 weeks of insurance arguing (yes, the driver tried to blame ME for the accident. It was nuts) I was able to have them admit fault and pay for a new Domane SL 6 AXS Gen 4. Definitely an upgrade! I've only put about 20 miles on it since the last few weeks of having it. I'm very excited!

Hello @Griff2621 

Welcome to the Community Hub!  Sorry to hear about your accident and that's too bad your bike was destroyed but glad to hear you weren't hurt.  

Like you, I used to do a lot of running but have had to cut back and am enjoying cycling and other stuff.  

You'll enjoy that new bike!  Do you have good road riding routes near where you live?  

Jane (she/her)

I'm in Boulder County, CO which apparently means yep! Lots of routes and clubs and rides, etc etc etc! And the views aren't too bad (as long as you're looking west!). I haven't done much in way of big climbs on the bike yet, but I'm sure it'll come. There's some gnarly elevation gain rides I've seen.

Shant
Mount Logan

Congratulations on the 10 year anniversary!!! That's amazing and shows that you love the company.
fxt5
What are you doing to celebrate? 

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)

Hey @Shant 

Good question!  I'll have to think about it and get back to you.  😎

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings