cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here? Come say Hello and tell us your favorite place on earth to ride, hike, walk or run

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to the Strava Community Hub.  We're so glad you're here.

If you're new here, then it's a little Community ritual we like to keep going each month to have you come and introduce yourself. Share whatever you're comfortable with, whether that's what activities you like to do, what you're interested in learning from other Strava athletes to help you go further, or just a random fact about yourself.

For February, let's talk about your all time favorite place to be active - whether that's riding a bike, hiking, walking or something else entirely.

There's lots of places I love to ride my road bike, but my all time favorite is on the country roads west of Morristown, New Jersey, USA.  The labyrinth of winding roads snake through beautiful green countryside, the pavement is smooth, and  vehicle traffic is almost non-existent.  The hills are mostly rolling and the other cyclists you encounter are prone to smiling and waving.  

BearOnRoad.png

This particular ride, from last summer, was memorable because I encountered a large black bear in the middle of the road.  He showed no interest in moving or letting me pass, so I played it safe and retreated back the way I had come.  And no, I didn't stop and take a picture.  

Drop a reply below - we would love to hear from you!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

11 REPLIES 11

Shant
Mount Logan

My favorite place to run this year is the Infinity Track in Burbank, CA. That's not the track's official name, but that is what I like to call it. 

I love this track because the path is filled with dogs. Most are nice. Only one is not. This dog barks at you if run by too fast on intervals. 😂 There's a firefighter station nearby and they train at the track and the streets too. There's also an outdoor free gym area with pull-up bars, benches, and balance bar where you can go from station to station doing different exercises. I haven't done all the stations yet. There's also a grass field in the middle of the track where the neighbors let the dogs run free. 

It is a great place for interval training and the dirt track is softer in the joints. Adding some pics soon. 

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)

Hi @Shant 

I like your pictures.  A track with lots of dogs and people sounds great.  How's your marathon training going?  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team