cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member of the hub and ready to roll

Simon
Pico de Orizaba
  • What's your name? I am Simon Lamen a 50 something CaniSports ambassador
  • Where are you from? I am originally from Stockport, Cheshire, England, and after spending 26 years in the British Army I have settled in Devizes, Wiltshire, England
  • What's the activity that you are enjoying the most this season? I am a CaniSports Ambassador, I run the largest Facebook group in the World for CaniSports and I'm looking forward to taking part in the International Championships for my sports in Autumn and Winter this year. 
    I will continue to petition Strava to include my sports as separate entities as my sports are dog assisted and we get complaints (Quiet Rightly) from other Strava users that as we are assisted that our results should not be shown in the KOM/QOM tables. 
    We are asking for 3 sports CaniCRoss - Running with your Dog, Canibike - MTB bikes with dogs pulling and CaniScoot - Large Adult scooters with dogs pulling. 
    Please Strava consider the 19000+ members of the community that take part with dogs and want to compete with each other. We have lost the opportunity to take part in ParkRun and need a new focal point.
    Sorry for the Rant, only been asking for the last 7-8 years......
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Simon and welcome!  We're very happy to have you here in our Community, and look forward to your contributions.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on CaniSports. This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

eric
Elbrus

That's cool, I did not know much at all about CaniSports, and had no idea it was that big! CaniBike looks intense!!

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

Simon
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Eric, Thanks for replying. 
If you looking to find out more you can have a look at my Facebook group and website:
https://www.canicross.org.uk
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canicrosstrailrunners

Or if you want to find out more about the sports in the USA check out these links:
http://canicrossusa.org/
https://www.facebook.com/canicrossusa
Regards,

Happy trails and tight lines
Simon

SiAdams
Shkhara

Hi, I think it is a great idea for the CaniXXXX sports are included. I am saddened that you are no longer able to do CaniCross on parkrun, but parkrun is still an event for people to be able to take their dog, its the canicross leads that have been removed from taking part. No the opportunity to run with your dog. I have a dog and do parkrun, I just no longer use a canicross lead and harness. I hope your feature request is approved, it has my vote 

Simon
Pico de Orizaba

Hi SiAdams, thanks for your support. I know there are people who can continue with ParkRun but most of the CaniCross competitors have withdrawn they know that using their CaniCross kit is better for them and their dog as its kit designed for a pulling dog. I appreciate that some dogs will run happily on a loose lead, no problem with that as many dogs don't pull.
Parkrun also lost out on a lot of volunteers, I know that at many park runs groups of Canicrossers took over the whole administration of an event to show their appreciation of the support provided by the race directors and staff.

Simon
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Jane,

Thanks for suggesting that I add CaniSports to the feature suggestion board, I will do that. However CaniCross has been on the Strava Support New Ideas forum (https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360073654892-New-post-ideas?sort_by=votes) since June 2021, it is the post with the highest votes 158 with the second highest at 108. But no action has ever been taken, I have asking Strava for this feature for over 7 years, no response. We are asking that 3 categories are established so that like minded dog enthusiast can record their runs and compare them across the whole, without the non assisted athletes complaining that we have stolen their title. It would just be a sub category like the e-bike under Rides, you could choose CaniBike, CaniScoot or CaniCross. 
Myself and over 19500 people are eagerly awaiting this action...........

Thanks and ever hopeful

Simon
Owned by Khaos, Mayhem, Aksel, Raki Aladin and TsulaCushla Lamen and Aladin - CaniCrossCushla Lamen and Aladin - CaniCrossJamie Halliday and Khaos - CaniBikeJamie Halliday and Khaos - CaniBikeMe and Aksel - CaniScootMe and Aksel - CaniScoot

Simon
Pico de Orizaba

Hi, I’ve had a message that my suggestion has been solved and that a solution has been accepted. But all I can see is that my action to add the idea to the new ideas forum has been accepted, but not that the idea has been accepted. 
so it not a solution to my request but rather that my idea has been accepted as a new proposal but without an answer. 
mid this correct?

Hey Simon, when a post is marked as having an accepted solution it is referring to the query itself having been resolved. Ideas have statuses of their own which you can read more about in our Community Guide to Ideas article. Your idea to add Canicross as a Sport Type was reviewed and approved by our moderation team and is currently in the Gathering Kudos status. If your idea were to move into another status, you would be updated accordingly. Hope this helps clarify that.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Simon and welcome!  We're very happy to have you here in our Community, and look forward to your contributions.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on CaniSports. This sounds like the perfect idea to share to our Feature Suggestion board, so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Feature Suggestions guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team