cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Feature Suggestions

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Maybe this is in some article somewhere, but I can't find it...

Kudos/Upvote? So, I see a lot of interesting ideas in the Feature Suggestion (under Help & Ideas), and I assume that giving a kudo is upvoting an idea.... What is somewhat perplexing though is that some cannot get a kudo and some can.  I thought (at first) that it had to have a status of "Gathering Kudos" in order to allow a kudo, but there are some with this status that also will not allow me to kudo (while others in this status can be given a kudo). 

Q:  What is the 'flow' to be able to kudo, and is this how we vote on features suggested by fellow Strava Athletes?  Thanks!

TL;DR The message I got for one that is in 'Gathering Kudos' said "This idea cannot receive kudos", and the one that was 'New Idea' said "You cannot give kudos to a completed message"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your question. Your assumption that giving kudos for an idea in the Feature Suggestion board is equivalent to upvoting it, is correct. All ideas are initially submitted as "New Idea" and must first be reviewed by a Community Moderator to ensure that the idea is up to our standards and adheres to our guidelines. Once it's been approved, the status will be modified to one of the following: Gathering Kudos, Work in Progress, Existing, Delivered, Archived. We will be sharing more details on the Feature Suggestion statuses and whether they are open to voting or not, soon.

In regards to what you were experiencing with an idea that had the "Gathering Kudos" status, but weren't able to give kudos for, I'm deducing that it was my example idea post. This post was intended to display the ideal structure of how an idea is written and does not have the option to be kudoed. I've gone ahead and removed the visibility of the kudos to clear up any confusion. I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your question. Your assumption that giving kudos for an idea in the Feature Suggestion board is equivalent to upvoting it, is correct. All ideas are initially submitted as "New Idea" and must first be reviewed by a Community Moderator to ensure that the idea is up to our standards and adheres to our guidelines. Once it's been approved, the status will be modified to one of the following: Gathering Kudos, Work in Progress, Existing, Delivered, Archived. We will be sharing more details on the Feature Suggestion statuses and whether they are open to voting or not, soon.

In regards to what you were experiencing with an idea that had the "Gathering Kudos" status, but weren't able to give kudos for, I'm deducing that it was my example idea post. This post was intended to display the ideal structure of how an idea is written and does not have the option to be kudoed. I've gone ahead and removed the visibility of the kudos to clear up any confusion. I hope this helps!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings