cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Athletes run faster - believe it or not! 💪

Lola
Moderator Moderator

With the London marathon just finished at the beginning of October, I came across this article on the Runner’s World website which states that Strava Athletes who run the London Marathon in 2021 were faster on average than the rest of the runners participating in the marathon.

‘’The average Strava uploader completed the 2021 London Marathon in 4:19:54, just under three minutes quicker than average time for the race as a whole – 4:22:50.’’

Seems like more than half of the total runners (80k) were on Strava, and the article goes into detail on the average time for men and women. I found this information quite interesting and I wonder if a similar logic is applied to other sports types - especially cycling and walking.

Do you feel like being a part of the Strava community and using Strava in your exercising helps you gain a competitive advantage, compared to your family, friends, or members of your local club? 

If so - what do you think is the key factor to that advantage?

Screenshot 2022-10-13 at 11.34.23.png

Lola
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

2 REPLIES 2

Lola
Moderator Moderator

Hello @anchskier! That is an interesting way of looking into this - thanks for sharing your thoughts with us 🙂  

Lola
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

Probably just a simple fact that those in the front half of the field are the stronger, more competitive runners who are more likely to use some type of fitness tracking app such as Strava while those in the back of the pack are more recreational and less likely to use a tracking app.