cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Hub App

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

I’m pleased the Hub exists, but being purely in a browser is limiting the experience.   
I suggest you consider either a Strava Community App or an extension to the core App.   The extension could be a new tab via You (alongside Progress, Activities, Profile).   The tab would offer sign-up to new users or content for those who have signed up.  
Thanks

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

@BryanC @Jabroni2002 @Calvingrover @Padge I wanted to bring a recent update in the mobile app to your attention. We implemented a shortcut to the Community Hub for both Android and iOS from the Strava App. You can find it under Settings > Help > Community Hub. It will redirect you to your mobile browser from there. Let us know if you have any further feedback or thoughts, cheers!
IMG_4864.jpg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Soren
Denali

@BryanC @Jabroni2002 @Calvingrover @Padge I wanted to bring a recent update in the mobile app to your attention. We implemented a shortcut to the Community Hub for both Android and iOS from the Strava App. You can find it under Settings > Help > Community Hub. It will redirect you to your mobile browser from there. Let us know if you have any further feedback or thoughts, cheers!
IMG_4864.jpg

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Great news

Jabroni2002
Mt. Kenya

Make the community hub accessible from the Strava website at the very bare minimum. Maybe just literally a button that redirects the user here, otherwise, how are users even to know this place exists? You could also have a link in-app that then directs to a browser.

With much love. Many Tailwinds.

Bobby

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thank you everyone for participating in this thread and providing feedback on what you're looking for. As we work on our 2023 planning for Community Hub we'll use this feedback in our internal discussions to look at opportunities to integrate better. I don't expect to have an update on this until later in 2023 as we work through more discovery on this topic. Keep the suggestions coming though, great to hear and consider. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Calvingrover
Mt. Kenya

@LouB What are the plans for in-app integration of community? This could be really good in the main app. 

Also, are there plans to link your Strava profile to the community profile / deeper integration?

Padge
Pico de Orizaba

Excellent suggestion, Bryan. I like the Community Hub and was surprised it wasn't part of the Strava app inthe first place.

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

Hi,

My thinking is driven by considering the User Experience.  Having to do things via different tools, we sites, Apps is, in general, going to make for a poorer experience and thus lower engagement. 
If the access to the Community was in-app then keeping up to date and contributing would fall along side such things as checking on friends and their activities.   
but I also say a different tab so that you don’t make the Home view too cluttered and busy.  

The too busy is why I’ve also suggested being able to have a filter on Home that allows you control whether or not your own activities are there or just on Me.   I can see it being a switch I’d use a lot. 

Hope this helps.   Bryan

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for this feedback @BryanC this is a really great suggestion. We will be continuing to look for ways to integrate Community Hub content into the app experience where we can. 

Are you envisioning that this new tab would be the primary place you would read and engage with all community content whether those are ideas, discussions or articles? Or do you feel there are certain types of community content that are best suited to be hosted in-app?

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Padge
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Eve - even if there was a summary of activity with maybe the headline and the first eight words with a link to click through to the browser, that would be handy. For all the different sub groups you could have a header with a click to reveal the activities underneath so you can control what is displayed.

Also, having to log in from the Strava app would be a pain so whatever handshaking  or cookies need to go on in the background, that would be great.