cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Hub Page Functionality - Notifications popup

anchskier
Denali

Can the notifications feature on this Community Hub site be set up so they are a dropdown or popup rather than opening a new page that takes us away from whatever page we were viewing?  Most sites, Strava included, allow you to click on the little notifications icon at the top to see what the notification is without it taking you away from the page you are on.  If nothing else, can it be set to open in a new window rather than opening in the same window?  

3 REPLIES 3

LouB
Strava Alumni

@anchskier Thanks for checking back. We've not found a way to deliver this differently than the standard experience but we still have it on our list.

I sometimes right click the notification bell and use the options there to open it in a new tab in a web browser or browse my notifications from My Profile page with the widget at the top. This will still allow you to keep your notifications page open in a new tab and continue browsing the site from the tab you're in. Not exactly how you suggested but at the very least allows you to keep those notification open and switch back and forth as notifications arrive. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for providing this feedback. We're not able to make it a pop-up but we should be able to make it open in a new tab. I'll investigate the technical side of making this change and let you know the outcome. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

@LouB - Pulling this one back up.  Did you ever figure out if you could fix this?  At least having it default to a new tab would be helpful.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings