cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default notification settings - how to reduce volume

mike
Shkhara

The default notification settings on this community hub are absolutely insane! I started getting notifications and emails for things as simple as signing in. I got a welcome back badge, another notification for giving kudos, a third for giving kudos again, etc.! Are we four years old? Do we need a gold star for just showing up? I turned it all off (I hope), but it took a few minutes because there's so many settings. Can I delete my Community Hub profile or do I need to delete my entire Strava account, if that's what I have to do to stop receiving pointless notifications and emails?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for the feedback @mike . I am sorry to hear that our default notification settings have frustrated your experience. We have tried to keep the defaults to a minimum but are always welcoming of specific feedback on defaults that could be adjusted to create less volume in your inbox.

To your question of how to stop receiving notifications you have a couple of options available to you in My Settings which is found in the drop down menu from your avatar when logged in.

Option 1 - Stop receiving any community emails
From this option My Settings | Personal | Email you can check the box to opt out of receiving any email communications from Community Hub.

Email preferencesEmail preferences

Option 2 - Stop push notifications to email

From this option My Settings | Subscriptions & Notifications | Notification Settings you can check the box to stop receiving push and email notifications for any subscriptions.

Subscription notificationsSubscription notifications

By adjusting either of these Options then you should be able to minimize or remove all Community Hub emails without the need to close either your Community Hub account or your Strava athlete account.

I hope this information is helpful to get you set-up in the way you prefer to receive notifications and allows you to continue to be a member of our Community Hub.

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for the feedback @mike . I am sorry to hear that our default notification settings have frustrated your experience. We have tried to keep the defaults to a minimum but are always welcoming of specific feedback on defaults that could be adjusted to create less volume in your inbox.

To your question of how to stop receiving notifications you have a couple of options available to you in My Settings which is found in the drop down menu from your avatar when logged in.

Option 1 - Stop receiving any community emails
From this option My Settings | Personal | Email you can check the box to opt out of receiving any email communications from Community Hub.

Email preferencesEmail preferences

Option 2 - Stop push notifications to email

From this option My Settings | Subscriptions & Notifications | Notification Settings you can check the box to stop receiving push and email notifications for any subscriptions.

Subscription notificationsSubscription notifications

By adjusting either of these Options then you should be able to minimize or remove all Community Hub emails without the need to close either your Community Hub account or your Strava athlete account.

I hope this information is helpful to get you set-up in the way you prefer to receive notifications and allows you to continue to be a member of our Community Hub.

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings