cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Community Hub connection to Strava Profile

eric
Elbrus

As a new member of the community hub, I cannot see or find any connection from community members to their strava profiles. Being a strava user, and with this hub being an extension of strava, I feel this is the single most important piece of data that could be displayed for each member.

It would create the ultimate context for any member. What kind of athlete are they? What do they do? How long have they been on strava? 

I could imagine some members might not want that connection, so it could be optional.

For those who choose it, I think it should be prominently linked either below the avatar, or in the signature, as well as in their profile. (It could be linked from their profile only, but I feel that creates an unnecessary step to click on their profile to find them on strava.)

I also think it could be cool to have a line in the profile "Strava member since...". 

As a side note - for the time-being I put my strava profile link in my signature, but it won't allow me to hyperlink it with HTML. I'll give my feedback on that in another post. 

Thanks!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Happy to share some responses on the different points you've raised here. 

1. Sharing your Strava profile automatically - we wish to respect the privacy of all our Strava athletes and have made the decision not to automatically share profile links from Strava when creating a Community Hub account. Therefore it's up to a member's personal choice to decide if they wish to share that in their signature or biography. 
  2. Strava member since - similar to the above point we wanted to leave this up to members to decide if that is information they wish to share. This can be included in signatures and biographies via settings as an individual privacy preference. 
  3. My settings link on profile pages - thanks for sharing that observation and agreed the link is irrelevant in this context. We have adjusted the page configuration and removed this element from profile pages. Due to the configurations this removes it both from your own profile page and other member's profile pages. However this option is always available in the dropdown options under your avatar when signed in. 

I have some more information that should help your signature feedback in the short term while we gather more insight and prepare some additional documentation. I'll put that into your other post so we keep everything together. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Happy to share some responses on the different points you've raised here. 

1. Sharing your Strava profile automatically - we wish to respect the privacy of all our Strava athletes and have made the decision not to automatically share profile links from Strava when creating a Community Hub account. Therefore it's up to a member's personal choice to decide if they wish to share that in their signature or biography. 
  2. Strava member since - similar to the above point we wanted to leave this up to members to decide if that is information they wish to share. This can be included in signatures and biographies via settings as an individual privacy preference. 
  3. My settings link on profile pages - thanks for sharing that observation and agreed the link is irrelevant in this context. We have adjusted the page configuration and removed this element from profile pages. Due to the configurations this removes it both from your own profile page and other member's profile pages. However this option is always available in the dropdown options under your avatar when signed in. 

I have some more information that should help your signature feedback in the short term while we gather more insight and prepare some additional documentation. I'll put that into your other post so we keep everything together. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings