cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Community Hub signatures

eric
Elbrus

I think signatures are great, and I'm glad you included them. Some feedback on the current implementation...

1) Creating a signature policy might be a high priority to stop abuse before it happens.

2) Right now there is no separation between the post and the signature. Just one line break, so they run together.  There should be a better divider to indicate where the signature starts. I used some "====" to create my own divider, but that counts toward my 2-line limit (see #4 below).

3) Maybe allow HTML links? (I tried it but it was stripped out). My vote would be yes, but if not, maybe mention it. 

4) 2 lines only? I created a 3 line signature but it got truncated. Maybe mention the limits. 

5) Depending on whether and how you choose to implement a connection to Strava profiles, you could make an easy option to link to Strava profile in the signature if it's not already displayed elsewhere. 

Untitled-4.jpg

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LouB
Strava Alumni

As promised here is some additional information to help you with the signature you wish to add. 

Signatures require the use of html tags in order to format them as desired. I understand from your feedback you want to be able to do the following:

1. Have more distance between your post and the signature element
  2. Hyperlink a url
  3. Be able to have your signature appear over multiple lines

Here is one possible way to achieve some of those goals using html tags:

<hr></hr>
<a href="https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505"><b>My Strava Profile</b><br />
<p>Check out my daily photos</p>

Which would render as per the below. You could potentially add in a <br> to add additional breaks where you would like them. Or use <b> or <i> tags for bold and italicizing text. 

My Strava Profile

Check out my daily photos

On #3 I see your point about two lines being limiting so I was able to increase this to 4 lines. The restriction is not characters but # of lines. I hope this is a happy balance between having space to include information about yourself whilst not being overly long for other members to read on posts. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these short term solutions for your requirements while we prepare some more instructional documentation on this topic for everyone and gather further feedback. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

eric
Elbrus

Awesome, it worked and my wish has been granted 😎 . I still recommend maybe hard coding the HR tag to create a separation between all users posts and signatures. 

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

LouB
Strava Alumni

As promised here is some additional information to help you with the signature you wish to add. 

Signatures require the use of html tags in order to format them as desired. I understand from your feedback you want to be able to do the following:

1. Have more distance between your post and the signature element
  2. Hyperlink a url
  3. Be able to have your signature appear over multiple lines

Here is one possible way to achieve some of those goals using html tags:

<hr></hr>
<a href="https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505"><b>My Strava Profile</b><br />
<p>Check out my daily photos</p>

Which would render as per the below. You could potentially add in a <br> to add additional breaks where you would like them. Or use <b> or <i> tags for bold and italicizing text. 

My Strava Profile

Check out my daily photos

On #3 I see your point about two lines being limiting so I was able to increase this to 4 lines. The restriction is not characters but # of lines. I hope this is a happy balance between having space to include information about yourself whilst not being overly long for other members to read on posts. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these short term solutions for your requirements while we prepare some more instructional documentation on this topic for everyone and gather further feedback. 

Eve
(She/her)

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks @eric for sharing your suggestions on improving the signature experience. As a new community we wanted to learn from the Community Hub members how they want to use signatures and what they want to convey in there so this feedback is really helpful. 

It would be great to hear how other members respond to your feedback and anything else they'd also like to do with signatures. We'll then take this feedback, review our signature settings and create a help article which better explains what members can do with their signatures. 

Thanks for helping us make the experience better for everyone. 

Eve
(She/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings