cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Pop-Up

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

I got prompted to take a survey on my community hub experience... so, I happily provided it... the problem is, since giving that feedback I've been prompted 3 more times!  Does it not have a mechanism to know that I've already completed feedback?  This can become a bit irritating (likely a bug or a setting).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @zecanard the survey has been switched off temporarily while we investigate and resolve the issue. Thank you for taking the time to report and confirm the experience you are seeing. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LouB
Strava Alumni

@zecanard @CreakyCrank + anyone else following this discussion who saw the same issue. 

As a follow-up to understanding more about the particular issue you experienced could you let us know the answers to the following:

When visiting Community Hub are you:

1. Browsing in an incognito window?
  2. Have accepted all cookies from the Cookie banner (see screenshot below) or have opted to accept only Strictly or some other combination? Did your choice include Functional Cookies?
  3. Regularly clear cookies on your browser between visits to the site?

Answers much appreciated so we can replicate and address specific issues for you. If you would prefer to share answers with the team directly please email us at stravacommunityhub@strava.com referencing this thread. Thank you. 

Cookie Preference OptionsCookie Preference Options

Eve
(She/her)

I only accept Strictly Necessary and never clear cookies. I don’t use Private Browsing.

However, it seems to me this information should be stored at the account level rather than in cookies. I may have mentioned that I tried submitting the survey a second time, and my response was rejected because I had already submitted it. Meaning that if cookies are used to determine whether to show me the survey, I will get it on every browser that I log in to, yet will be unable to submit a new response anyway.

LouB
Strava Alumni

Thanks for sharing this experience of the survey. I am sorry this was irritating as this certainly was not our intention. 

The survey will pop up whether you visit the Community Hub as an anonymous visitor or a logged in member. Whether you decide to complete it or dismiss it, the survey is not supposed to be served again until 60 days later.  It sounds like this has not been your experience and our apologies. 

In order for us to troubleshoot this further if you could let me know if you completed the survey whilst logged in or logged out and if you're still seeing the survey being shown in either logged in or logged out or both. 

Eve
(She/her)

I was logged in at the time I did the survey.

Thanks for alerting us to this issue. We'll do further testing to identify the issue. 

Eve
(She/her)

This is still happening to me. I completed this survey while logged in, and I get the popup in every single tab that I open while logged in. I tried going through the survey a second time, but when I clicked Submit I got an error that I had already responded to the survey.

Just got the popup while typing this reply.

Thanks @zecanard the survey has been switched off temporarily while we investigate and resolve the issue. Thank you for taking the time to report and confirm the experience you are seeing. 

Eve
(She/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings