cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Api to calculate the burning calories for given activities

Mayankp12980
Mt. Kenya

I’m using the Strava api’s and having the free subscription, I need to calculate the burned calories of the activity/sport I’m doing,

But I didn’t find any api to fetch all the sports/activities, do anyone suggest any api where I can give the activity name/ sport name like running, swimming, HIIT etc with the time duration and in response it can provide the burned calories in the time period.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Kilimanjaro

Strava includes the calories burned as one of the fields in DetailedActivity (which you can retrieve using getActivityById), the field is simply called 'calories'.

If you are trying to calculate a general number of calories burned in an activity for a specific amount of time (as opposed to an already recorded activity), that isn't likely to be accurate as it is dependent on several other factors. See https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917097-Calorie-Calculation for some details on Strava's calculation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ActivityFix
Kilimanjaro

Strava includes the calories burned as one of the fields in DetailedActivity (which you can retrieve using getActivityById), the field is simply called 'calories'.

If you are trying to calculate a general number of calories burned in an activity for a specific amount of time (as opposed to an already recorded activity), that isn't likely to be accurate as it is dependent on several other factors. See https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917097-Calorie-Calculation for some details on Strava's calculation.

Hi @ActivityFix ,Thanks for the details but where I can find all the activities id, I just want to use general activities data, not those which are created  by user

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings