cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid token exchange authorization codes?

Cyril
Shkhara

So 99% of the time my token exchange process works just fine, but occasionally Strava responds with a "Bad Request" message.

I've confirmed that each authorization request is accepted, and I receive a query string formatted as expected, looking like:

"code":"012345ab6c7d89e48d7e92a0e381024deb1f0a7b",
"scope":"activity:read_all,activity:write,profile:read_all,read,read_all"

but occasionally the POST call to https://www.strava.com/oauth/token receives this response:

{ "message":"Bad Request",
"errors": [{
"resource":"AuthorizationCode",
"field":"code",
"code":"invalid"
}]
}

This issue is so intermittent that I can't reproduce it, but I'm sure I only try to use the short-lived code once...

Any ideas what might be going wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cyril, 

If you've taken all of the steps to troubleshoot what could have caused the Bad Request error and are still experiencing issues, you can always reach out to us at developers@strava.com and we can investigate the issue further and see if there's anything we can identify on our side. 

- Elliott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ashishsukhija
Shkhara

@Cyril Did you got the solution to this problem ? I created an app and got my 30 + Club memebers on this but three people so far complained about not able to join our dashboard. I see and I get the same issue for their access token. The users tried to Revoke access to app and tried again but same result for those three users. However most of the others users were able to login and their activities coming fine as well.

@Elliott I wrote to the email stated above in this thread but I still didn't got any response so I tried to bump this conversation up.

Hey @ashishsukhija 👋

Looks like your ticket was submitted over the weekend. You can expect to hear from our team shortly! 

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cyril, 

If you've taken all of the steps to troubleshoot what could have caused the Bad Request error and are still experiencing issues, you can always reach out to us at developers@strava.com and we can investigate the issue further and see if there's anything we can identify on our side. 

- Elliott