cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map does not appear

Cesarush
Mt. Kenya

1000032543.jpg

I use Amazfit and only the data is loaded, the map does not appear, is there any solution?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Cesarush,
Thank for your post. Your activity may have been uploaded as an indoor activity. If this is the case, it will not display a map. Without GPS data included in the activity file uploaded to your Strava account, our system has no idea where you were located during the activity. This absence of location data therefore causes the absence of a map on the activity.

if this is not the case, please submit a support ticket with a link to the activity in question and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Jhon
Mt. Kenya

I had the same issue with the missing map. It was resolved following instructions on the following link.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917247-Troubleshooting-GPS-Issues

I basically reset the network and it was enough to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lsholland
Mt. Kenya

Here's the problem with this article. Within the Garmin Connect App, the map is clearly there. GPS was clearly working and it shows it. Why doesn't this appear in Strava? It usually does, but today it didn't. Now I'm annoyed and don't trust my 830. I'll probably go back to using the apple watch because it consistently works and always syncs the map.

Jhon
Mt. Kenya

I had the same issue with the missing map. It was resolved following instructions on the following link.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917247-Troubleshooting-GPS-Issues

I basically reset the network and it was enough to fix the problem.

aaronschneck
Mt. Kenya

Did you fix this problem?

I'm having the same issue, and was forced to manually upload the activity from Garmin to Strava.

It first showed up as an indoor activity, but then on my next two rides it still didnt upload the maps.

I've been using my Garmin with Strava for a long time and didn't change anything...so I don't know what happened.

Please let me know if you got to the bottom of this

Thank You

Aaron

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Cesarush,
Thank for your post. Your activity may have been uploaded as an indoor activity. If this is the case, it will not display a map. Without GPS data included in the activity file uploaded to your Strava account, our system has no idea where you were located during the activity. This absence of location data therefore causes the absence of a map on the activity.

if this is not the case, please submit a support ticket with a link to the activity in question and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Im using mi fitness app and its sync with strava. the mi fitness app representatio ng th e band?s!

Hi,

I have linked my Garmin watch to my Strava, however when I complete and activity it does not show the tracked map that I ran for example…? My friends however does…

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings