cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Segment Reports based on year.

haywyre
Mt. Kenya

Back in the day there was a way you could run a report on a specific segment. Then you could pull data say for last year. It would tell you how mine riders and how many attempts. Now I am only seeign the options for Today, This Week, and This month. Am I missing a change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SkippyVasquez
Moderator Moderator

Hey Heywyre, thanks for the question. Take a look at this endpoint, https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/#api-Segments-getSegmentById It provides the total (all-time) effort_count and total number of athletes who have attempted the segment. I know you are looking for year by year, but let me know if this is helpful to you.

Skippy
STRAVA | Developer Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SkippyVasquez
Moderator Moderator

Hey Heywyre, thanks for the question. Take a look at this endpoint, https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/#api-Segments-getSegmentById It provides the total (all-time) effort_count and total number of athletes who have attempted the segment. I know you are looking for year by year, but let me know if this is helpful to you.

Skippy
STRAVA | Developer Hub Team

Kaleb
Mt. Kenya

I would like to see the functionality to see riders, time, and duration included in the API.

I would really like to program a live heatmap for my local trails to analyze the best weather and trail conditions for riding, because our trails cannot be ridden if the ground is still wet. 

anchskier
Denali

@haywyre If you use the app, there is a "this year" option in the segment leaderboard.  Also, in the desktop version, I see what you are seeing, that there is only "today", "this week", and "this month" in the dropdown, but there is an option for "this year" if you look on the column on the left.  It may be that "this month" and "this year" will be the same for the month of January, so no need to have both options in the dropdown.  Just speculating though.  Hopefully it will be a more obvious option when February rolls around.  

That's just it I'm looking for "last year" . Would like to see attempts and how many riders for 2022.

@haywyre - As far as I know, there has never been an option to look at the previous year by itself.  The "Last Year" has always just referred to the entire calendar year that you are in currently.  I think it would be nice to have the option to select a given year and view the results from that calendar year, so maybe they could add that, but I am fairly sure I have never seen that option available in the past.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings