cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

step count missing in DetailedActivity

hophoff
Shkhara

When reading activity data, we can't get the step count of an activity. Even when the step count is visible in the Strava app, when retrieving the detailed activity data, there is no step count reference. Will this be added soon? Users ask us for this feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SkippyVasquez
Moderator Moderator

Hey Hophoff,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately step count data is not available via the API at this time.

Skippy
STRAVA | Developer Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

minhtrwc
Mt. Kenya

Hi @eskiba ,

Is there possible to get the steps count at this time? I'm going to integrate with the Strava to get the Step count.

Could you guide me if this is possible.

Regards,
Truc Tran

SkippyVasquez
Moderator Moderator

Hey Hophoff,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately step count data is not available via the API at this time.

Skippy
STRAVA | Developer Hub Team

Is this a feature now integrated in the current app?

Wow, this is a big surprise. Since the step count is visible in the app, can you share how it's calculated given the activity detail?

We're in need for a feature request and step count is really important. I'm seeing many users looking for the same metric.

Do you have any plans for including it?

I work in the health sector and Strava looks like it would be a very useful tool. Step count is the main missing piece of information. 

I'm using this as a guide for the evaluation https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/physical-activity/measures.html#supporting-measures 

In case you get cadence data you can use this because two steps are treated as one round.