cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if apps aren't submitted for review?

Doogal
Mt. Kenya

Hi

It's not clear from the email what will happen if apps aren't submitted for review, will the app lose access to the API or just to support or something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there 👋

We're asking that all apps using our API submit for review.

You will have until October to submit the form with your app information. If you don't submit by the deadline, your app will become inactive. Our team will be sending reminder emails throughout the coming months if you're not ready to submit at this time. If you have any questions about the form, feel free to send a note to developers@strava.com

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

nikeow
Shkhara

I got the email asking for more details specifically on the Brands Guidelines. (https://developers.strava.com/guidelines/) which says that item #1 is mandatory. I just replied asking for some clarification as my app just currently has a switch which then opens in Strava's Mobile App for authorisation. Is this not sufficient?

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 10.20.25 PM.png

 Item 3 states "View On Strava', is "Open in Strava" acceptable?

Anthlis
Pico de Orizaba

Do you regard a trivial terminal command line interface 'tool' that I used with the Strava API as an 'app' too? So, if I don't send in details of how I'm using the API here, after you've blocked it, can I just regenerate a new API key and carry on or are you changing something else? What is your intent behind all this? 

Elliott
Community Manager

If you have a Strava API application (you can confirm in your API Dashboard) it will need to be reviewed by our team by October. You can learn more about the program here

Elliott
Community Manager

Hi there 👋

We're asking that all apps using our API submit for review.

You will have until October to submit the form with your app information. If you don't submit by the deadline, your app will become inactive. Our team will be sending reminder emails throughout the coming months if you're not ready to submit at this time. If you have any questions about the form, feel free to send a note to developers@strava.com

Thanks! 

i just received an email asking for more details.  but it was very vague and seemed to ask for the same screenshots I originally submitted.

also it just said to email developers@strava without asking for an app id or any kind of identifier.  will these just get lost and then lots of apps will get deactivated?  

Elliott
Community Manager

Hi there, 

No submissions to developers@strava.com will be lost. If you were asked for more details, the information that you submitted was not sufficient for review. Please feel free to submit your inquiry to the team directly and they can provide you with more detailed feedback on your specific submission. As always, an app id is beneficial and will make it easier for the team to reference your submission. Thanks! 

Hello
I sent the form a few days ago but still haven't received any response ...
Approximately how many days does it take to receive the response ?
Thank you

Elliott
Community Manager

Hi there, 

It can take 30-45 days to receive a response. If the team requires any additional information they will be sure to reach out! 

Thank you very much
In the meantime, can I still publish my app on AppStore ?