cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new track doesn't start on app Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 using the quickstart tile

FrankJanssen
Mt. Kenya
Since August 10, the Strava tile on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 does not start a new track.
After an attempt, the tile with 4 icons returns.
App permissions are active.

A new track with the app works, but not with the tile.

App already deleted from watch and phone. But the problem keeps coming back.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FrankJanssen 

Thanks for letting us know that. We were able to reproduce that behavior on v 1.45 and have escalated this to our Engineers. We hope to improve this in the future, but I don't currently have an estimated time when that will happen. We appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dancasual
Mt. Kenya

Can confirm the same issue on pixel watch. The quick tile shows run walk ride, and list, but they all open the list when clicked. 

If I select an activity (for example indoor ride) finish it, and then select the "run" tile, it starts an indoor ride

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @FrankJanssen @ratchetsup @RobP 

Thanks for reporting this. We've done some testing and believe this issue is unique to Version 1.44. Can you check and confirm this is the software version you are using? 

The good news is, Version 1.45 will be available soon, and that should resolve this. Please update when possible and let me know if you're still noticing problems after that.

Sincere thanks for your patience and thanks again for reporting this.

Jane (she/her)

Strava 1.45 is now automatically installed on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5.
After starting the tile (quick start), I immediately see the total list of possible sports activities. Now I have to choose once again which sports action I want to start. I uninstalled version 1.45 on the watch and reinstalled it.
All rights given, but the problem remains the same.

Hi @FrankJanssen 

Thanks for letting us know that. We were able to reproduce that behavior on v 1.45 and have escalated this to our Engineers. We hope to improve this in the future, but I don't currently have an estimated time when that will happen. We appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)

The Strava version on my Galaxy Watch 5 is 1.44.
I will test it on the 1.45 version when it is available.

ratchetsup
Mt. Kenya

When I try to start a run, walk or bike using the quick start buttons from the Strava tile on Google Pixel Watch it shows Strava logo than crashes to a blank screen. The only way for me to start an activity is to use the button for all activities and I have to scroll and choose the exercise manually and it works. Have tried reinstalling on both watch and phone and allowing all permissions but no luck.

Would also be nice if the screen stayed on during my run, Fitbit is able to do this with the Pixel Watch no problem. These issues are really keeping me from subscribing.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @FrankJanssen 

Sorry to hear about this issue! An uninstall/reinstall is what I would recommend, but it sounds like you have already tried that. Have you checked to see if any OS updates are available for your Android phone? If they are, I would try updating and then another reinstall of the WearOS App on your watch.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, Same problem on my watch. removed and installed on phone and watch. OS was updated on 25/07/2024 but this has been a problem since beginning of this week for myself. 

Thanks for your advise, but there are no OS update available on my phone and watch. I tried another reinstall, but the problem is the same.