cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Health and Strava not syncing automatically

JeePee
Mt. Kenya

Hi - I had a Fitbit Charge 2 watch for several years and all activity on my fitbit that used my iPhone's GPS was automatically sinced to Strava without any intervention from me. I just switched to apple watch recently and when I start an activity, I either manually start it in the activity app on my watch or the activity is auto detected on the watch. I have activated my strava account in apple health ( and vice versa) but my activity on my apple watch does not auto import in Strava. The activities does show in Strava but I need to manually import each of them. Is this the normal behaviour ? Am-I missing any setting ? Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JeePee 

I just checked with an Apple Health expert on our Team - the Apple Health integration works differently than the Fitbit integration.  You will need to follow the prompt to import your Apple Health activities to Strava.  Apologies for any inconvenience with that process.   We may look at potentially improving this integration at some point in the future.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @JeePee 

I just checked with an Apple Health expert on our Team - the Apple Health integration works differently than the Fitbit integration.  You will need to follow the prompt to import your Apple Health activities to Strava.  Apologies for any inconvenience with that process.   We may look at potentially improving this integration at some point in the future.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, I have a different issue.  When I import my Apple Health data, it doesn't always import correctly.  For instance, this morning, I did a 4.15 mile walk - dutifully recorded in Apple Health.  But when I transferred to Strava, it showed a truncated route of about 2 miles.  How can I fix this?  Thanks!

Thanks ! At least now I know I followed the proper instructions ! Of course, this is not a major issue, as I can import my activities, but YES it would be nice if the process could be done automatically, like the Fitbit integration. 😀

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @JeePee 

Thanks for posting about this.  Yes, you can automatically sync activities recorded with Apple Health to Strava.  Please ensure you've followed the instructions as explained here.

Another option you have is to record using the Strava Apple Watch App.

I hope that's helpful!  Let us know.

Jane (she/her)

Hi,

I have a different issue. Health is somewhat arbitrary on syncing my activities from Strava. Sometime, it records the distance of the ride and other times it doesn’t. Why is that?

sometimes, it reads from my Garmin watch directly and then it doesn’t read from my Strava, despite that I have deleted the Garmin record on Garmin connect as well as on my Strava account.

Hi - thanks for the link. That's exactly what I did. However, what I see is exactly what's explained in the link: that activities recorded with Apple Health do indeed appear in strava BUT you must manually import every activity. That was not the behaviour with my Fitbit watch -> every activity was automatically imported in Strava. I was just wondering why there is a difference between the 2 (Fitbit automatically importing VS Apple Health showing activities but prompting the user to import them...) And yes, another option is to use the Strava Apple watch app, you are absolutely right, but you don't get the auto detect activity feature that apple watch offers ( and I like this one !) Thanks !