cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report Android: Activitites are not synced to Google Fit until I open and save them

nipp
Shkhara

I have a Huawei GT3 watch which I use to track my cycling activities. This goes into the Huawei Health app. I then use an app called Health Sync to transfer these activities into Strava. I do not track activities with the Strava app.

This works as expected, tracking duration, distance, speed, heart rate and route in Strava.

What fails is then syncing these activities to Google Fit using Stravas built in integration. For activities to show up in Fit I need to open each activity in Strava, use the "edit" feature and then save the activity again (don't even need to make any change). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @nipp 

Thanks for posting about this.  We are aware that for some Athletes, activities do not sync automatically to Google Fit.

While our team is aware of this situation, we do not have an estimated timeline available for future improvements to syncing with Google Fit. We appreciate your feedback on the subject and will pass along your thoughts to our team.

The best workaround is the one you are already using - edit the activity on Strava in order to trigger the sync.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @nipp 

Thanks for posting about this.  We are aware that for some Athletes, activities do not sync automatically to Google Fit.

While our team is aware of this situation, we do not have an estimated timeline available for future improvements to syncing with Google Fit. We appreciate your feedback on the subject and will pass along your thoughts to our team.

The best workaround is the one you are already using - edit the activity on Strava in order to trigger the sync.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ah, thanks for confirming that you are aware of that issue. At least the workaround works, so that's okay for now.

Many thanks!