Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change data for an activity?

pdolmsted
Mt. Kenya

Hello, 

I record my rides two ways:

1. Using the Cyclemeter App on my phone. This automatically uploads to Strava (I can change this). 

2. Using my Garmin. 

Frequently I will want to change the Cyclemeter data for the Garmin data. Is it possible to do this *without* creating a new activity, but by only changing the data for a given activity [and keeping Photos, Kudos, etc that may already exist]? 

Thanks, 

- Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.  Once you have uploaded recorded activity data to Strava, it's not possible to swap in another version of the recorded data and keep existing kudos, comments and photos on the activity.  You do have the option to delete the activity from Strava, and then upload your other file, however any comments and kudos on the original version of the Strava activity will be permanently deleted.  You can of course, add any photos back to the newly uploaded activity.

If you generally prefer the Garmin version of the recorded data, you could consider turning the Cyclemeter to Strava sync off as you mentioned.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.  Once you have uploaded recorded activity data to Strava, it's not possible to swap in another version of the recorded data and keep existing kudos, comments and photos on the activity.  You do have the option to delete the activity from Strava, and then upload your other file, however any comments and kudos on the original version of the Strava activity will be permanently deleted.  You can of course, add any photos back to the newly uploaded activity.

If you generally prefer the Garmin version of the recorded data, you could consider turning the Cyclemeter to Strava sync off as you mentioned.

Jane (she/her)

this is exactly why I am not paying for this app

Garmin Connect is way better at no additional costs

Hi Jane, I wanted to check if this is still the case? I just realized that Strava believes I exerted a lot more effort than I actually did, and I'm assuming it's because my Garmin didn't accurately report my pace:Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 11.51.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-18 at 11.52.37 PM.png

Is the best thing to do still to delete the activity and recreate it?

Hi @carpeliam 

It definitely looks like there's some erroneous data in the file Garmin sent us, based on that second split.  I would actually recommend you create a support ticket so someone from Strava Support can take a close look at that activity and troubleshoot with you directly.  

Jane (she/her)

That's what I thought. I generally like the Garmin, but also like the immediate upload from Cyclemeter/Strava apps. I'll balance these constraints as I have been!