cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could the Apple Strava phone app use heart rate from Apple Watch?

Padge
Pico de Orizaba

Would it be possible to use the heart rate sensor from an Apple Watch to sync with a ride recorded on the Strava iPhone app? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Padge 

Thanks for posting about this.  The Apple Watch cannot be used as a heart rate sensor for activities recorded on the Strava iPhone App.  In order to upload your Apple Watch recorded heart rate data, you would need to record the activity using your Apple Watch.

You can pair a compatible bluetooth heart rate sensor with your Strava iPhone App if you wish to record with your iPhone.  See more information here on how to do it and what's compatible.  

I hope that's helpful information - please let us know!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

Absolutely agree. Guys from Strava. Are you joking?! Look at Adidas Running. When you have an iPhone app, it can easily take the heartbeat data from Apple Watch in real time. It’s easy to implement it. Fix it finally!

I found a workaround for this, I use Adidas Running and then RunGap to sync it over to Strava.

Yeah, it would be great to have this. I use Adidas Running and it works like that. Somehow the phone app automatically starts the watch app and heart rate data is on both. Useful because the phone can give audio alerts on heart rate zones. 

I forgot to mention, I get around this by using Adidas Running and then I use an app called Run Gap that syncs the record over into Strava.

..but 3 apps instead of one? No, thank you.

Strava team! Let's go, implement it already. I'm pausing my subscription until it's fixed.

I do this with "RideWithGPS", but the solution doesn't get you Strava's broad variety of exercise types.

I wholeheartedly agree MP. While the issue might have its source on either end, I hope Strava will work towards integrating the Apple Watch sensors.