cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Inspire HR won't sync heart rate data with Strava, Nike run Club

pyrchz3
Mt. Kenya

I have been using a Fitbit Inspire HR and two running apps - Nike Run Club Strava app on my phone for a couple of years now. neither app will take in the Fitbit heart rate data.

I set up the Stava/Fitbit integration. if I start a run on Strava it will show up later on Fitbit. But it won't show the HR data.

I saw a suggestion that if you start the run on the Fitbit app, that will push the data to Stava. Not for me it won't. 😞

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Hannah 

Thanks for your patience.  We've been made aware that some Fitbit users have been able to update their Fitbit device with a new software update, and this has resolved the issue of syncing to Strava.

Please check for and apply any updates that are available for your Fitbit device.   If none are available, I would encourage you to reach out to Fitbit directly.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tiki1682
Mt. Kenya

I'm experiencing the same thing, but with the Fitbit Sense. Everything has been reconnected and updated, but no dice. Is there really no solution for Fitbit heart rate info to populate into the Strava app?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Hannah 

Thanks for your patience.  We've been made aware that some Fitbit users have been able to update their Fitbit device with a new software update, and this has resolved the issue of syncing to Strava.

Please check for and apply any updates that are available for your Fitbit device.   If none are available, I would encourage you to reach out to Fitbit directly.  

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

I have applied all updates for both apps and my device. Has not helped. I have given up, which is too bad because it means I am now only using the fitbit app and not Strava. I miss the social aspect of Strava, but definitely not going to upload my exercise files manually. I did that for a few sessions but it's slow and picky.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @pyrchz3 ,

Thanks for posting about this.

Fitbit devices cannot communicate directly to any other app besides the Fitbit app. Therefore, if you want Fitbit recorded heart rate data to show on your Strava activities, you will need to record your activities on the Fitbit App or the Fitbit device and sync them to Strava.

Follow this link to set up the Fitbit > Strava connection and look for full instructions here.

Let us know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

There are dozens of users over on the Fitbit forums saying that they have recently lost the ability to sync Fitbit activities to Strava, even though we previously could. The sync stopped working a few months ago - about the time that the OP here posted. We have all been unlinking and re-linking the apps as advised by both companies, but it does not fix the issue. (I have followed the steps three times now. Both of my apps SHOW that they are linked, but they do not sync from Fitbit to Strava.)

Is it possible for Strava and Fitbit devs to put their heads together and get this fixed? Both apps are made less valuable because of this bug.

Hello @Hannah 

Thanks for posting about this.  We're currently investigating and I will post an update here as soon as I have one.  Thanks for your patience.

Jane (she/her)