cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 Weightlifting

Dilphat
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Not sure what changed, but the weight training option on my watch is nearly useless. It doesn't show bpm or time, they just stay at a constant 0. Every so often i'll check my watch and it'll show a heart rate and a time of a few seconds, and then just like magic it resets itself to 0. It's also pre-emptively decided my workout is done on it's own mid set. Any thoughts? 

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Dilphat 

Thanks for posting!  A couple of things to check.  For wrist heart rate to be detected, your watch needs to be strapped on fairly tightly, and try wearing it a little further up your arm rather than right on your wrist.

Another consideration is the permissions on your Strava account.  In order for Strava to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data, you may need to update your permission settings before your next upload. Unfortunately, our team won't be able to add health-related data back to any activities uploaded while Strava did not have permission to store this data.

Let me know if. this is helpful!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Dilphat 

Thanks for posting!  A couple of things to check.  For wrist heart rate to be detected, your watch needs to be strapped on fairly tightly, and try wearing it a little further up your arm rather than right on your wrist.

Another consideration is the permissions on your Strava account.  In order for Strava to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data, you may need to update your permission settings before your next upload. Unfortunately, our team won't be able to add health-related data back to any activities uploaded while Strava did not have permission to store this data.

Let me know if. this is helpful!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team