cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin Watch sending HR data to 840 cycling computer HR not visible in Strava

andre_lance
Mt. Kenya

I have a Garmin watch broadcasting HR (via ANT+) to the Garmin 840 cycling computer. But the HR data is not included when Garmin syncs with Strava. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andre_lance
Mt. Kenya

Solution found. When using the Garmin Watch as your HRM, you must turn on the broadcast EVERY TIME you start your Garmin Cycling computer. Garmin's horrible GUI design is rearing its head again, especially considering this is three menus deep and ten button clicks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andre_lance
Mt. Kenya

Solution found. When using the Garmin Watch as your HRM, you must turn on the broadcast EVERY TIME you start your Garmin Cycling computer. Garmin's horrible GUI design is rearing its head again, especially considering this is three menus deep and ten button clicks.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @andre_lance 

Thanks for posting about this.

I recommend checking to see if you granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data. If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next upload. Unfortunately, our team won't be able to add health-related data back to any activities uploaded while Strava did not have permission to store this data.

Give that a try and let me know if if resolves this issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team