cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - App and Devices used with Strava.

SiRanshaw
Mt. Kenya

Think I've got things a little messed up - I use Strava, Apple Watch and a Garmin Edge 530 for my cycle rides but having loads of problems with duplications everywhere.

Furthermore - todays ride (on Strava app and website) shows no heart rate data. Heart rate data DOES show on my Garmin Connect, Apple Fitness App though (latter under the Strava tag).

Not sure if I should just start everything from scratch. Anyone else use these three apps/devices? How do you manage yours?

Sorry for such a complex question on my first visit here.

Many thanks

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @SiRanshaw 

Thanks for joining the Community and also for your post.

It's becoming more common for Strava Athletes to record their activities  using multiple devices.  At the current time we don't provide a way on Strava to merge multiple recorded streams of data for the same activity, so if you record and upload from multiple devices you may end up with duplicates on your Strava profile, which is not ideal.   When this happens, we ask that you delete the duplicate, or change the activity privacy settings, so your times don't appear twice on segment or challenge leaderboards.

It sounds like you might be having difficulty getting your heart rate data to show on some activities?  If you would like assistance with that, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tbobx
Shkhara

I think Strava could help solve this problem by flagging duplicate activities with a banner. That way the user has an opportunity to remove one of the activities, and it also allows followers/viewers to know that there’s another identical activity. 

patrickz
Mt. Kenya

Strava is synced from my wahoo bike computer, than my whoop will also display the same cycling activity after my HR comes down. I believe this causing me to have twice as much time counted on my overall activities. I still want my fitness activities to show up on my strava feed- hockey, swimming...general exercise, But I don't want to have my cycling counted as double- do I have to manually delete all WHOOP cycling activities? Or can I set that up automatically? 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @SiRanshaw 

Thanks for joining the Community and also for your post.

It's becoming more common for Strava Athletes to record their activities  using multiple devices.  At the current time we don't provide a way on Strava to merge multiple recorded streams of data for the same activity, so if you record and upload from multiple devices you may end up with duplicates on your Strava profile, which is not ideal.   When this happens, we ask that you delete the duplicate, or change the activity privacy settings, so your times don't appear twice on segment or challenge leaderboards.

It sounds like you might be having difficulty getting your heart rate data to show on some activities?  If you would like assistance with that, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thank you Jane for the answer but it is not a complete solution.

In my case I have a sport band to record healt meassures for every sport activity but I also have a cycling computer for the bike rides that has better features to record cycling tracks (like auto start/stop), so the cycling record is more accurate from the cycling computer but the health meassures are from the sport band. 

There should be a way for Strava to help users choose wich source keep for each parameter.

Regards

Ariel

Jane,

Would it be difficult for Strava to de-dupe rides for users so data is more accurate? This is generally an easy process in coding. A simple pop up flagging duplicate rides would be an easy way for users to choose which ride to display and use for segments and leaderboards.