cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: maps have dissapeared

xavicx
Shkhara

Hello,

I have been using Strava for years with the same watch and I have noticed this week that maps from new activities are not displaying and maps from previous activities have dissapeared. I haven't modified anything related with configuration in many months. How can this be possible?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @xavicx 

Thanks for your post!  One explanation for this issue is that GPS data isn't being recorded.  You don't mention what you are using to record your activities; whether it is the Strava Mobile App or some other device.  If it's the Strava Mobile App, check out the troubleshooting steps for Android or IOS phones, whichever is applicable.  

If you're recording with a third party device or platform (for example Garmin or Wahoo), check your device and make sure GPS hasn't accidentally been disabled.  We see this happen on Garmin devices fairly frequently.  Another troubleshooting tip is to check the activity on the third party site (for example Garmin Connect site) and see if a map appears there.  If it doesn't you'll know that the GPS wasn't recorded and synced to Strava.

If none of that helps, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @xavicx 

Thanks for your post!  One explanation for this issue is that GPS data isn't being recorded.  You don't mention what you are using to record your activities; whether it is the Strava Mobile App or some other device.  If it's the Strava Mobile App, check out the troubleshooting steps for Android or IOS phones, whichever is applicable.  

If you're recording with a third party device or platform (for example Garmin or Wahoo), check your device and make sure GPS hasn't accidentally been disabled.  We see this happen on Garmin devices fairly frequently.  Another troubleshooting tip is to check the activity on the third party site (for example Garmin Connect site) and see if a map appears there.  If it doesn't you'll know that the GPS wasn't recorded and synced to Strava.

If none of that helps, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi jane

i do have exactly that problem 

I do have Garmin etrex 35 touch 

maps showing perfectly at Garmin connect

but for some reason once come up in Strava doesn’t show the stats.

come up as activity but just bare point on the map, very short speed and distance 

any thoughts?

cheers

Juan 

Hello Jane,

sorry for the late reply. Yes, it seems that my GPS is not recording properly data (it's not stored on the .fit file), this is why no map is shown.

Thanks,
xavi