cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

huawei watch heart rate

msilveira
Shkhara

Hello,

I have a Huawei watch that synchronizes with strava, but I usually cannot check heart rate in strava. I thought it was because I didn't have a strava subscribtion so, simply, strava wasn't showing me the data. However, I have just started a 1 month free trial, but I still can't see any heart rate info. Does anyone knows if heart rate from huawei can be uploaded to strava?

Thanks a lot, regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @msilveira 

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I wrote this problem to strava. but strava said that it receives data from many platforms and processes the data that comes to it.

so incomplete data is coming from huawei.

I asked strava to solve this with huawei. but I didn't get an answer.

strava was at least interested. huawei didn't even respond.

it is sad that the problem continues with gt4. i guess huawei will not be a sports watch.

Hello, I don't think that it is a problem with Huawei because other software can read the information coming from Huawei. For example, health sync can read from Huawei and pass the info to Strava. It's just awkward that you have to use another paid subscription to get the data into Strava? If health sync can why can't Strava?

I also got the feedback from STrava that this is huawei fault because they only send *.gpx files to strava:

Thanks for writing in. It looks like the files coming to us are in .gpx format which removes much of the data, including heart rate, that we are able to display on your activity in Strava.

We suggest reaching out to Huawei directly for any questions. To provide some context, we have a publicly available API that hundreds of external developers use to integrate with Strava data. These integrations are built and maintained by those 3rd party developers which means that any troubleshooting questions are better directed their way.

msilveira
Shkhara

Hello,

Scout has marked this as solved, but I can't find where that solution is! Meanwhile, I found out an application "healthsynch" that correctly reads from huawey and then correctly writes it to Strava. But it seems awkward that I need an intermediary between the parts, so I am going to give up on this. Thanks.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @msilveira 

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

So what is the solution?

it’s been almost 1 year, but i still face the same issue with my gt 4

I hope strave take this issue serriously or i’ll consider unsubscribe my subscription

I have also had the same problem with syncing the heart rate in activities synced from Huawei Health since buying the Huawei Watch 4 Pro.

I assumed it was a Huawei Health app issue and I raised a ticket with them.

If you find anything on Stravas end that would be helpful.

Thanks 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @msilveira 

Thanks for posting about that.  Can you check that you have granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data?  That is necessary before you will see heart rate data on your Strava activities.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the info. I have granted consent to process and store my data. Again, today, after my bike ride, Huawei Health sent all the information about it to Strava but no heart rate. Maybe these (huawei watch 4) and Strava are not compatible? Well, I guess I will stick to the free version of Strava...

Hello everyone, hello @Jane,

I have the same problem, my heart rate is not synchronising with Strava, even though I have everything allowed in Strava and Huaweei Health.
I have tried several times to reset the watch, disconnect between the two apps and it still doesn't work.

Best regards, Matej