cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing from third party app (Gentler Streak)

philipz
Mt. Kenya

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here I go:

I sometimes use the wonderful Gentler Streak app to record some of my workouts. I cannot import these workouts in Strava although they appear in work-outs app. Some apps (like Workoutdoors) have an export to Strava option. How can I sync my Gentler Streak (very nice app!) to Strava?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @philipz 

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't have any integration set up with Gentler Streak.  However If you can export your activity files in one of our supported file formats, you may be able to then import them into your Strava account.  Our supported file formats are: .fit .tcx .gpx

Full instructions for file import

I hope that's helpful.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

filbro
Shkhara

This request seems to be very similar with the one I posted recently:

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/ios-share-extension/idi-p/6177

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @philipz 

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't have any integration set up with Gentler Streak.  However If you can export your activity files in one of our supported file formats, you may be able to then import them into your Strava account.  Our supported file formats are: .fit .tcx .gpx

Full instructions for file import

I hope that's helpful.  

Jane (she/her)

Just tried the Workout Export app on iPhone. Download, log into Strava and give it access in Apple Health, and it is then VERY easy to export workouts (from any app that syncs with Apple Health) directly to Strava from the phone. Recommended! 

I’m also having this issue. Since Gentler Streak records the workout to the iOS health app, and strava imports workouts from health, should it “just work”? Somehow, Strava ignores workouts recorded by anything other than the default iOS activities app. 

Hello @Uneaqs 

Thanks for explaining those activities are being recorded with the Apple Health Workout App.  Activities recorded with third party Apps and imported into Apple Health do not sync to Strava.

One option would be to contact Gentler Streak directly and see if it's possible to export your workout data in one of our supported file formats.  Those are: .fit .tcx .gpx

If that's possible, you may be able to sync those files to your Strava account.

If that's not an option, the workaround would be to enter those activities manually in Strava.

Thanks again for posting and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Jane (she/her)

phirst
Pico de Orizaba

Why can’t you allow us to sync activities in Apple Health recorded with other apps? Why do you limit / filter for only those recorded in the Apple Workout app on the Apple Watch or iPhone? This is so frustrating.

if I export a GPX file from my other apps, like Pedometer++ or All Trails to import, they loose data like heart rate, and it’s a messy process; and have to do it on my computer / web interface as I can’t import on the iPhone app. Then, when I import it Strava sends it to Apple Health and I have a duplicate workout there I have to delete. Just crazy!

I always use Pedometer++ or All Trails on my Apple Watch for hiking as they provide very good mapping interface there, which Strava does not.

There is no good reason to prevent importing their data direct from Apple Health apart from being obstinate and trying to make using other apps difficult.

Then please add support for importing health activities recorded with gentler streak!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings