cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation file (.apk) for wearOS 2.xx

Darkman78
Shkhara

Hi everyone,

unfortunately Strava has ended the support for older smart watches with Wear OS 2.xx.
(Older? Hm... almost all smart watches except the new Samsung watches 😖)

I am using a Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS with wearOs 2.38 but the strava has still worked fine.
But I had to reset my watch because of a new cell phone.

Now I want to re-install also the strava app on my watch but I can't get the old strava app in the play store and I don't know any other source where I can download the installation-file.

I am very disappointed. I bought the chargeable membership because of the good usability, but now I can't use it anymore.
I don't need any support from strava for the app, but I want to use the old app like I did in the past two years.

Dear Community:
Can anyone please send me the .apk or can tell me how to install the old strava app on my ticwatch again?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @CraigD and @Zafer 

Thanks for posting about this.  We've merged your post/replies into an existing discussion on this topic, and you can view it here.  

Wear OS 2 is no longer supported and can't be installed from the Google Play Store.  In order to install the Wear OS App, you need a watch that supports Wear OS 3. 

Unfortunately Wear OS 3 is not available for all watches.  Visit this link to see a list of watches that Google has released Wear OS 3 to at this point in time.   You could contact Google Support to see if they can share any information on when, or if, Wear OS 3 will be made available for your particular watch.  

In the meantime, there is a potential workaround:    Check to see if your watch has another App that you could use to record your exercise data.  If it does, you may then be able to sync that data to Strava.  

I hope this is helpful and sincere apologies for the inconvenience!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Darkman78,

Thanks for your reply.  As of September, 2022, it is necessary to have Wear OS 3 on your watch in order to install the Strava App.  

A workaround you could consider in the meantime would be to record your activities with Mobvoi TicExercise, and then sync that data to Strava.   I see a post on the mobvoi forums which may be helpful.

Jane (she/her)

I moved to Strava when Runkeeper stopped supporting Wear OS. Like others here, I only realised that Strava had stopped supporting Wear OS Version 2.0 when I had to reset my Fossil Sport watch to connect to a new phone. As S**bleep** have chosen to withdraw support for the vast majority of Wear OS watches that run Wear OS 2.0 or earlier,  they should at least update their page, linked below, that begins: "Strava for Android Wear 2.0. Our global community and sport-specific design, seamlessly integrated into Android’s best watch OS yet." and ends "You can join our community and track your activities with practically any GPS device. If only that were true. 😢😡

https://www.strava.com/android-wear

Don't be embarrassed by these answers

No, it is NOT necessary to have Wear OS 3 on my watch 😡
The old app still works fine on mobvoi watches (The only thing that is really necessary is the old installation file )

And the Mobvoi-TicExercise-App you have mentioned is useless. I want to use the old strava app. That is what I've paid for 😞

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Darkman78,

Thanks for your post.  Sorry to hear you had to reset your TicWatch.  Unfortunately it's not possible to install Strava on devices running Wear OS 2.xx

Our understanding is that Google will be bringing Wear OS 3 to more watches, hopefully before the end of 2022.  If your watch becomes eligible for the upgrade, Wear OS 3 is supported by Strava.

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings