cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Moving time updates when you correct distance

goddard_nathan
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Does anyone understand why when you use the 'Correct Distance' feature after posting an activity, it also updates your moving time? I use stryd for running which usually cuts off a bit of distance, but when I correct it my moving time and also average pace also changes. Surely this shouldnt happen, moving time should stay static?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Yes, 15 minutes is a lot.  I've escalated your post to Strava Support to look into this for you.  You can expect an email back from them.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Thanks for posting about this.  Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.  Because we are using a different set of recorded data to create your activity, moving time, pace, and elapsed time may all be a bit different.

You can read more about exactly how we do our calculations here. I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Hi,

Would switching to go's alter the moving time by 15mins? Seems like a big jump? I could understand a few seconds but 15mins is alot

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Yes, 15 minutes is a lot.  I've escalated your post to Strava Support to look into this for you.  You can expect an email back from them.

Jane (she/her)

I have similar situation yesterday I ran 26.21 miles in 3 hours in 33 minutes in the LA Marathon. Strava didn’t count this as a marathon I guess since it wasn’t exactly 26.2188. When went to correct distance, the distance on desktop, it fixed my distance but made my pace 4:00 pace and 1 hour and 30 some minutes time. Reverted it back but would like to have the marathon distance reflected as it was a PR.

Are there any updates concerning this issue? I'm encountering the same problem. My run was initially recorded as 54 minutes, but after the correction, it was changed to 47 minutes.