cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not showing the running distance although the information is available

jhb
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I've tracked a run using an Apple Watch Series 3 (without my phone on me).

Now, Strava is showing me all the stats (heart rate, time etc.) but everything that is distance related (total distance, pace...) is zero.

At first I thought this was a GPS issue. However, my route on the map is very accurate and the analysis also shows pace splits that make sense. It's just the total distance and overall pace that are missing.

Here are some screenshots to show what I mean:

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 14.13.07.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-14 at 14.13.16.png

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I tried restarting the app, restarting my phone, turning location permissions on and off and accessing the activity on a computer. Nothing has changed so far.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @jhb 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear you had this problem.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Please give that a try and let me know if it helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Alistairgoodman
Mt. Kenya

I had the same problem, it’s a bit of a bodge but if you go on Strava web and choose to split the activity, then the 2 new activities both seem to have distance working. If you want all the data on just one activity you can slide the split bar all the way to the right to and then delete the second one.

RayJay
Shkhara

It is not working. When I click the three dots, all I get is "Add Media" "Edit Activity" "Delete" and "Cancel" I do not get "Correct Distance". Did you finally get it fixed? I am still not able to get distance to post in STRAVA, on my indoor rides, when I record with my Apple Watch 6. Everything else posts great, just no distance.

Hello @RayJay 

Please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be happy to take a look at your activities and troubleshoot directly with you.

Jane (she/her)

ZeldaT
Mt. Kenya

Hi I have the same problem. When I click on  (◦◦◦) on the more options button, I can't see "Correct Distance" option - I would assume because the distance is zero. What is the solution to this. The past couple of activities, I see zero for both distance and pace on Strava on Apple Watch. I can save on iPhone Strava but not Apple Watch Strava. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @jhb 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear you had this problem.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Please give that a try and let me know if it helps.

Jane (she/her)

It is not working. When I click the three dots, all I get is "Add Media" "Edit Activity" "Delete" and "Cancel"

IMG_3122.jpeg

I have had the same problem for my last 2 runs. Splits, time, elevation all recorded, but no distance. No option to correct the distance at all. 

I have been having the exact same issue recently.  I am overseas and this is happening to me.  It worked in the US, but not now