cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava - Google Assistant - Pixel Buds Pro - Android 13

markrunryder
Mt. Kenya

I am reporting a bug. It's cosmetic but annoying. If there is a better place to report this let me know.

"Hey Google. Start run. Sorry, that shortcut will only work on an Android phone with that app installed"

This Google Assistant command works fine without warning until you add in "Pixel Buds Pro". With Buds the command still works but with the added warning.

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_buds_pro
https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000018da566a3838?hl=en-US

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi markrunryder,

Thanks for running the beta App!  Please direct your feedback on this issue to android-early-access-feedback@strava.com.  Our Team will be able to investigate what might be causing this.  Thanks also for sharing here so others running the Android beta are aware.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi markrunryder,

Thanks for posting about this, and also thanks for the detailed explanation of the problem and the video.  I have a set of Pixel Buds Pro, and I just tested this with 2 different phones running Android 13.   Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce that error.

Do you recall if this issue happened prior to upgrading to Android 13?

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane

The buds are relatively new and have not seen Android 12. When purchased, the buds were installed on Android 13 (pre-release) beta and now continue with the current Android 13 (release) beta. My Strava App is also beta. Today I cleared the Pixel Buds App storage and reinstalled your app. After rebooting, still no cigar. Maybe I need to figure out how to contact your beta department. The photos offer clarity and might help out others.

Thanks for the feedback.

MyBuds01_Beta.png

MyBuds02_Settings_Search.png

MyBuds03_Google_Assistant_This_Device.png

MyBuds06_Buds_App_Home_Screen_Widget.png

markrunryder
Mt. Kenya

Screenshot_20221001-174304.png

Hi markrunryder,

Thanks for running the beta App!  Please direct your feedback on this issue to android-early-access-feedback@strava.com.  Our Team will be able to investigate what might be causing this.  Thanks also for sharing here so others running the Android beta are aware.

Jane (she/her)

Thanks