cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Mobile App on Android not syncing (Bug Report)

MrsMoose
Mt. Kenya

I run with my mobile phone strapped to my arem. A couple of times recently I can't save the run properly and see the data - it just says that the run is syncing - on some kind of endless loop. I can't see the details on my laptop either. Is there anyway I can fix this? It's really irritating as I'm trying to build up towards a 10k and it would be really useful. I don't want to just delete the info.  I haven't yet tried exporting it as a GPX file which is one of the options given.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @MrsMoose 

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems syncing an activity to Strava. We are currently experiencing syncing issues where athletes are unable to sync their new activities on the Android app version 294.XX. This may be due to older activities still being stuck in the unsynced status (see image below)

Jane_0-1677160468998.png

If you're experiencing this and your activity HAS NOT synced yet, you will need to export the activity from the screenshot above and then manually import the activity onto your account.  Please note this must be done through strava.com and not the mobile app. Completing a new activity to "push" the older activities to sync has not successfully worked for this issue as it says in our Help Center.

Additionally, we have released our latest version in the app store (v295.8) which should fix this issue and automatically sync activities that are in the unsynced phase. This should reach all athletes in the next couple of days.

Once you've successfully imported the activity, deleting and reinstalling the app will clear any unsynced notifications you have and you should be able to successfully record and sync new activities. Note: Do not uninstall/reinstall the mobile app until you successfully export any unsynced activities or they will be lost.

You can follow our known issue page for new updates.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @MrsMoose 

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems syncing an activity to Strava. We are currently experiencing syncing issues where athletes are unable to sync their new activities on the Android app version 294.XX. This may be due to older activities still being stuck in the unsynced status (see image below)

Jane_0-1677160468998.png

If you're experiencing this and your activity HAS NOT synced yet, you will need to export the activity from the screenshot above and then manually import the activity onto your account.  Please note this must be done through strava.com and not the mobile app. Completing a new activity to "push" the older activities to sync has not successfully worked for this issue as it says in our Help Center.

Additionally, we have released our latest version in the app store (v295.8) which should fix this issue and automatically sync activities that are in the unsynced phase. This should reach all athletes in the next couple of days.

Once you've successfully imported the activity, deleting and reinstalling the app will clear any unsynced notifications you have and you should be able to successfully record and sync new activities. Note: Do not uninstall/reinstall the mobile app until you successfully export any unsynced activities or they will be lost.

You can follow our known issue page for new updates.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team