cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Not Reading Power from Apple Watch OS 10

thisisbenji
Mt. Kenya

With the new release of Watch OS 10, Apple finally supports power meter and cadence sensors for cycling. However, when I record a ride this data is not transferred to Strava. When you I use a third party app such as WorkOutDoors on my Apple Watch, then my power meter data is transferred to Strava. 

So here's my question, is Apple not making the power data available to Strava or is Strava choosing not to import the power data from Apple?

Is there a timeline for when this will be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @thisisbenji 

Thanks for posting about this.

We don't currently ingest power data into Strava from the Apple Watch App.  The best workaround is the one you have already mentioned - record using a third party App and sync that data to Strava.

We have an existing suggestion and discussion here on this topic.

Thanks again for posting and let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

thel1zardking
Mont Blanc

I would like to +1 this feature. As a premium subscriber I would hope this is on a future roadmap. 

shaunkenan
Mt. Kenya

Hey @Jane so what's the timeline for fixing this problem? Because it's a big problem now that we have power on our watches and it's not being ingested into Strava. Obviously the solution is to fix this, but you're not indicating that it's something Strava is working on. Please indicate that.  Simply committing to fixing the bug will give people closure. The discussion thread you linked to is filled with disgruntled Strava users who are pointing out variations of this same problem - that Apple's complete consumer market dominance should lead to immediate alignment between Strava engineers to Apple's API, but instead, multiple people are pointing out that Strava is failing to import useful running and cycling metrics.  

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @thisisbenji 

Thanks for posting about this.

We don't currently ingest power data into Strava from the Apple Watch App.  The best workaround is the one you have already mentioned - record using a third party App and sync that data to Strava.

We have an existing suggestion and discussion here on this topic.

Thanks again for posting and let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings