cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava on Galaxy watch 5 pro

Carterdj
Shkhara

Hi,

I have just purchased a new Galaxy watch 5.  I have tried using the Strava app on the watch when i bike to work. It seems to record this ok, but when i look at the ride on my phone or website it does not show the time taken. If i go into the ride, it seems to be recording the segments ok.  I tried the walking profile and this worked ok and displayed all the info correctly. Anyone else seen this issue ?

Thanks
Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Carterdj 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear of the difficulty.  This is a known issue that sometimes happens on Wear OS 3 devices.  We do have a workaround that should resolve the time data issue on the activity:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

Please give that a try and let me know the results.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Tyler 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear of the difficulty.  This is a known issue that sometimes happens on Wear OS 3 devices.  We do have a workaround that should resolve the time data issue on the activity:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.

Jane (she/her)

Tyler
Strava
Strava

Hi there:

I've been using the Wear app on a Galaxy Watch 4 to record activities. The activity records completely correctly except for the moving time, which is stuck at 0s and never increments.

This is a consistent and reproducible issue.

I do not wait for GPS to be ready before starting my activity which may or may not be related to this issue - and that does not cause a problem with the polyline.

Edit: this does not seem to be an issue when I record "Walk" activities, but it is with "Ride"

Example: https://www.strava.com/activities/8821210484 

Version: 1.25 (76701)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Carterdj 

Jane (she/her)

I am getting this...don't see an option to choose correct distance.  Am I in the wrong place?

Ensposito_0-1706379675419.png

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with the Google Pixel Watch and the currently latest version of strava app for Wear OS. 

The workaround works, but are there any fixes planed? 

Hi @Texaner 

The issue should be fixed if you're using the latest update.  If you're still noticing the problem, please submit a support ticket and we'll work with you to troubleshoot further.  Thanks.

Jane (she/her)

This issue is still not solved, same problem today with galaxy watch 5 pro at 8th august 2023, only way to see the time via Web,  Actually it works better Samsung health than strava,  for this and more things it's a non sense use and even more pay for de full Strava version.

Thanks Jane, it works. You're the best!

It works.

Are you fixing the phone app?

Hi

I can confirm this does work but will come very frustrating if I have to do this for every ride?

I have not tried the suggestion of turning off auto-pause I saw yet.  Will do that next ride as I see it was disabled for running (that does work) but not cycling.