cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava to Fitbit Versa 4

Mollybee23
Mt. Kenya

Hi there, I have loved using Strava as a tool to link my heart rate activities to my Fitbit!! 
but since I got a new watch the Strava activities will not populate to my Fitbit watch or app. I have tried revoking access and the trouble shooting tips but nothing is working .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @LindaW 

Thanks for getting back to us.  

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble syncing your activity over to Strava. Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us.

Fitbit normally recommends the following in troubleshooting syncing issues:

1. Try reconnecting your accounts, syncing your Fitbit tracker, and waiting an hour.
  2. Confirm that you are not recording a duplicate exercise in the Strava app and Fitbit app/device simultaneously.
  3. Confirm that you are recording a GPS exercise if using Fitbit (only exercises with GPS on Fitbit will be sent to Strava).
  4. Confirm that you recorded a new exercise after connecting your accounts (previous exercises won’t be uploaded). Athletes can use the TCX export from Fitbit to upload older exercises manually.

If you have done all of the above please let me know. We typically suggest reaching out to Fitbit Support directly since this is primarily an issue on their end that would need to be investigated by them.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Jane, 

Thank you.  I have done all the recommendations.  The issue still persists.  I will reach out to Fitbit Support for this.  

How did Fitbit react to that? I am facing the same issue.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Mollybee23 

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you clarify - are you recording activities using your Fitbit device and attempting to sync them to Strava?  Or are you recording activities using a different method and trying to sync them the other way (from Strava to Fitbit)?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane, this also happens to my Versa 4.  I used to have Versa 3 and worked fine with Strava.  When I went for a walk or bike, I just turned on my exercise mode on my watch and at the end of it I just need to sync it with my phone and the activity would showed in my Strava.  Now it’s not synced anymore to Strava.  I did everything as suggested but nothing works?  
Thanks