cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync between Garmin Fenix 6x and Strava completely wrong for mountaineering at high altitude

VonDoom4
Mt. Kenya

Hey guys , any idea when Strava will stop ruining mountaineering stats? A week ago I was hiking Kilimanjaro and I was surprised how badly Strava is working while hiking or walking slowly at high altitude. My Garmin data show the elevation gain of 1200 meters and 9 hours of hiking during the summit attack but then after the synch with Strava, my stats showing just 500 meters of the elevation gain and 2 hours of moving time in the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello VonDoom4,

Thanks for posting about this. We consider anything above a 30min/mile pace to be stopped, and that stopped time won't be included in the Moving Time or pace calculation.

One potential workaround would be to tag these hike activities as "Run", with the run type "Race". This will default to use elapsed time rather than moving time.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello VonDoom4,

Thanks for posting about this. We consider anything above a 30min/mile pace to be stopped, and that stopped time won't be included in the Moving Time or pace calculation.

One potential workaround would be to tag these hike activities as "Run", with the run type "Race". This will default to use elapsed time rather than moving time.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings