cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Rides displaying as real rides instead

apetrovskiy
Mt. Kenya

I tried Apple TV (recently I got aware that I no more need to take a macbook to the TV, dropping sweat on it, if I switch to an Apple TV device and I immediately bought one) and found two cases where my virtual rides became physical rides in Strava:
1) Kinomap on Apple TV is very limited, it doesn't export rides and I created a manual activity in Strava. Maybe I was ambisinister and didn't find how to do this the right way, but my manual activity was created as (physical) ride
2) I tried some app called PsychoRide, it failed to upload to Strava directly, so I uploaded to Training Peaks and exported a gpx from there to upload to Strava. I suspect that somewhere around Training Peaks my virtual ride became physical ride
Now I know (c), but these two rides are unnecessarily physical ones

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @apetrovskiy 

Thanks for posting about this.  In order to classify an activity under a virtual sport type, the activity must be originally recorded as a virtual activity using a supported virtual trainer or treadmill, and contain virtual GPS data.

Did the rides you mention uploading contain maps?  If not, then that worked as expected.  Indoor ride activities will not upload as "virtual ride" unless they contain virtual GPS data.

Full details here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pmoity
Mt. Kenya

Kinomap TV on the Apple Tv is a light version of Kinomap but you get the same services, including the automatic export to Strava if you have a live subscription. If any issue, please ping our support desk.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @apetrovskiy 

Thanks for posting about this.  In order to classify an activity under a virtual sport type, the activity must be originally recorded as a virtual activity using a supported virtual trainer or treadmill, and contain virtual GPS data.

Did the rides you mention uploading contain maps?  If not, then that worked as expected.  Indoor ride activities will not upload as "virtual ride" unless they contain virtual GPS data.

Full details here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team