cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBerry
Kilimanjaro

When flagging an activity, the choices are currently Activity Was In A Vehicle, Wrong Activity Type, or Bad GPS Data. There should also be a choice for Duplicate Activity. I see lots of people recording the same activity on multiple devices and posting all of them as if they were different. In some cases the start and finish times are basically the same, and in other cases they are staggered but still overlapping as if the person is deliberately trying to game the system to rack up more miles than they have actually ridden.  

4 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Scout
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our team and is now open to voting.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

calebdexter
Mt. Kenya

I second the motion on this. Strava needs to have an algorithm set to not allow duplicate activities to be posted by users from different devices like bike comp, garmin watch, fitbit, etc.

I have been flagging users who are always double posting and I don't see Strava doing anything about it. This creates misrepresentation on the athelete's data, making it seem that they are doing a certain mileage every week when it is exactly half of it and also creates false data on the leaderboards.

I hope Strava will reconsider this motion. Thank you.

DART
Mt. Kenya

Agreed it makes a mess of local hero stats in addition to weekly leader boards.

Status changed to: Existing
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @ChrisBerry 

I just wanted to update you on this request.  We list the following reasons for flagging an activity in our Knowledge Base article on activity flagging:

When to Flag:

• Top leaderboard spots were earned because the data was recorded with vehicle assistance (motor-pacing or drafting a vehicle, receiving a lift in a vehicle, leaving the device on while driving, etc).
  • Top leaderboard spots are earned because the GPS data is erratic or recorded at large intervals (10+ seconds).
  • Top leaderboard spots are earned because the activity is categorized as the wrong sport type. For example, a bike ride is categorized as a run.
  • A Strava athlete is recording duplicate activities.

Please feel free to flag duplicate activities.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team