cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilmatic9000
Shkhara

We want to raise the visibility of our female athletes in our club by highlighting the top women performers on our club leaderboard.

Currently the club leaderboard shows stats for all members. We seek the ability to display the club leaderboard with stats for the female members of the club. This might be achieved by adding filtering to the club leaderboard, similar to what has been implemented on the segment leaderboard (see screenshot).

ilmatic9000_1-1707902147425.png

Here is a mockup of what a filter could look like

ilmatic9000_2-1707903021924.png

This aligns with your #striveformore initiative and would help clubs highlight and promote a broader range of athletes.

24 Comments
AdamVD
Pico de Orizaba

Many official organisations, like companies, have a strava club. My work has one. Could have an option on the club page for a leader board with "commute activity time" and/or "commute activity distance" for activities tagged with the commute tag? (or more simply, but not quite as nice, allow clubs to only include activities in the current leader board that have the commute tag?)

This would give our company strava club a closer connection to the physical office, which strengthens the community; but also, it would allow our business to collect very useful information about how employees are commuting. Our business has some carbon targets, like many, but if we had the dynamic data for active business travel we would have a much stronger ability to see how much of an impact the business has. I think this must be common to many work-related strava clubs. It would also help our business know how much it needs to invest in facilities; e.g. if 10 or more people are commuting into the office on a particular day, maybe the office could set in place the investment needed to clean the showers more on that day. Collecting the data is the key to that sort of thing.

If the leader board counts time, energy or even estimated carbon saving against average car travel, this would be perfect; distance is a little misleading because some run into work and that's not a fair comparison to cycling.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea on commute leaderboards for Clubs. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Former Member
Not applicable

Great idea as long as Strava segments are not speed based ,this is to stop riders racing along shared bike paths this is where most user conflicts occur. It would be better to usage frequency NOT speed.

AdamVD
Pico de Orizaba

Thanks @Former Member . The idea is to have a leeboard, not for segments, but for an entire group. Currently groups have their own Leaderboards that can count distance, time, etc; but if their was an option to have only activity with a commute tag to appear, then groups could see how much active commuting they have. Please give kudos to show your support. Thanks.

Yari
Shkhara

I think that is a great idea! This is one more way to foster sports and community spirit in a Workplace. This could also work well at Universities and Schools. Also if these leaderboards become public in Strava community this will allow some healthy competition among organisations/universities/schools and inspire more people to cycle to work/university/school instead of driving or taking public transport

Yari
Shkhara

It would be awesome to have more leaderboards in Clubs, as well as "club trophies" in various categories such as longest total distance, longest duration, best speed and best effort (i.e. number of activities) over various times (month, quarter, year, all-time). Currently there are only "This Week" and "Last Week" leaderboards in clubs which limit the competitive spirit of clubs. 

There can be leaderboards such as:
Historical (all-time) / This Year / This Month / This Week
- highest effort, i.e. number of trainings/activities
- highest total (cumulative) distance
- highest total activity time 
- longest single activity distance (e.g. English Channel Swim 20,5 mile)
- highest speed over a distance selected by a club (e.g. 1km)

There could be throphies at the end of each time period. These winners could earn a space somewhere a the top of the Club Page. Users' icons could be visualised with medal badges, such as e.g.
- 🥇Club distance winner of the year 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.
- 🥈Club distance 2nd place of the year 2018,
- 🥇Club commitment winner of the month of April, May, June, etc.

These leaderboards can be customisable by club organisers and possibly also up for a vote/choice of the club members. Alternatively these can be customised by every user to be able to compete in one's favourite category.

This would gamify the experience and foster more healthy competition and motivation among club members. This is especially relevant for small friends clubs who do sports together or bond over certain sports.

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Yari,​​

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Yari
Shkhara

Hey @Bryant Thanks 🙂 

RunNerd
Mt. Kenya

It would be nice to have the option to show only certain sports in a timeline. And in addition to that, having the option to set avg pace/speed and minimum distance parameters that will filter out all trashy results from others. For example, I'm a runner, and I don't want to see any bike/swim/hiking/etc from others, nor running results shorter than 10K or results with a lower avg pace than 5 minutes per km. This way it keeps my timeline interesting to read once in a while. 🙂

The same avg pace/speed and distance parameters should also be available for Clubs Leaderboard admins, to show a bit of the same results in its overview. As a result it will remove people from the list that have a "running" Distances of 100 km at 6:30 /km and will leave the people who performed way better with Distances of 90 km at 4:00 /km in perspective. I know admins like many more options like region, age, amount, and elevation. But I think the most important ones are pace and minimal distance.

Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea on enhancing Club activities with filters. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

vinmatz
Mt. Kenya

that will be a great i

TrueDisciple
Pico de Orizaba

Yes, I've also been wanting this feature for a while! I like to see most activities, but not yoga or skiing. I would love to be able to filter what I see in the activities feed! 

IG1963
Mt. Kenya

Yay, so it isn't just me? I am a cyclist and I NEVER want to see peoples Zwift activity or E-bike rides, so I would love a way of eliminating the 'junk' from my timeline

RunNerd
Mt. Kenya

Yes, anyone is different, therefore I would like to have some filters for it so everyone can customize their own 🙂

jean-philippe
Mt. Kenya

D'accord avec les messages précédents, je pratique différentes activités (course à pied ou cyclisme. Un club de concerne que la course à pied tandis qu'un autre club ne concerne que le cyclisme.

Merc.