cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
izzy
Shkhara

Feature request: can we customize the ordering of these Sports? Running is already my "Primary Sport" under my profile (in iOS app profile settings — what does setting this even do now?), so I would want graphs on my profile to have a bias towards showing Running data if available over other activity types. 

The main activity that I want to highlight on Strava is running — that's one of the main sports this app is built around. But recently I've been uploading my other workouts tracked by my Apple Watch (weight lifting, yoga, climbing, etc) to Strava since it's nice to see them contribute to my Monthly Fitness graph, Weekly Intensity graph, & other tracking features in the app. 

The problem is that Strava tries to intelligently re-order the activity types (e.g. "Weight Training", "Run", "Rock Climb", ...) above the "This Week" graph on my Profile based on the amount of activities have been completed of a particular type. Based on what I'm observing, the ordering of the activities is strictly based on number of activities uploaded of that type, not any other metric (e.g. time). This means that more often than not the "Run" type — & therefore the default view of the "This Week" graph on my profile — is not first; e.g. I uploaded two short weight lifting activities (total 45 minutes) & one long run (1.5 hours).  

Thanks! 😊
-Izzy

11 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Kessiah
Shkhara

I agree and would love to see my primary sport (Running) as the default metrics that show up on my profile. I take my older dog on several short walks throughout the day which skews my default display much like @izzy mentioned above. Love to see the option to choose how it shows up (by mileage, time, or number activities) or just set it to my primary sport by default. Thanks so much!

jstringer
Mt. Kenya

I hate that I now see walking before running :(. I like to log my short walks but they're not what's important to me. Please let me configure the order!

ajruocco
Shkhara

Would really love to be able to set which activity shows the summary first on my profile page like the others on this thread. The way this feature behaves now is pretty frustrating. 

Mayfly
Mt. Kenya
  • Was thinking this just this week. Did this ever get off the ground as an idea?
Roscoe
Shkhara

Please implement this! My dog walks showing up first in the graph when I could care less about them is annoying! Please let me pick cycling to display first! 

mbaldwin33
Shkhara

Yeah I'm getting tired of seeing walking and yoga appear before my running simply because I split up my Running and Trail Running into the appropriate categories and Strava doesn't want to count All Running as one of the ranking categories. At the very least, the algorithm should consider "All Running" instead of the running categories individually when applying weight to which one goes first. 

Another idea for you--unrelated. Strava characterizes Garmin "Strength Training" activities into "Weight Training." Maybe you should consider renaming this to "Strength Training" as some strength training does not always incorporate the use of weights and we don't usually characterize bodyweight training as "weight training." Just a suggestion to make your app better. 

Wseguy280
Mt. Kenya

This definitely needs to be rectified it’s doable and strava should listen to its users 

Kessiah
Shkhara

Update to my comment above (in April 2023): I've stopped using Strava for anything but running (and a couple very infrequent random activities) for most of the year now. I doubt this is the solution you want us to resort to, Strava team! Let's get this fixed.

mbaldwin33
Shkhara

The algorithm for the "Year in Sport 2023" is so jacked up that it lists "Walk" as my top sport. However, my walking stats for the year are 168 activities for 212 miles and my running stats are 255 activities for 1825 miles. In what universe should "Walk" be listed as my top activity?? That's poor design. I'm guessing it is probably unable to differentiate between "trail run" and "run" and so picks one or the other, which may in fact have a less total count of activities, but still...the amount of time spent running should be a factor as should be the miles. Something for you to think about when designing your Year in Sport report. It's kind of disheartening and stupid as it is right now. I've run more in one month this year than I walked the entire year, yet "Walk" is my "top sport." That's lame. For the Year in Sport algorithm it should count total run not trail run and run separately. Or if that's not doable, it should make the decision based on time and mileage as opposed to straight up activities at least when compared with Walk. 

Shows Walking as my top sportShows Walking as my top sportWalking StatsWalking StatsRunning StatsRunning Stats

Status changed to: Archived
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello. We wanted to let you know that your idea submission from September of 2022 will be archived. While this idea is interesting, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this and currently aren’t able to prioritize this idea.

Please note that your feedback is valuable to Strava. As stated in our Community Idea Guidelines, we receive many idea submissions each week, and realistically, there may be various reasons that prevent us from including an idea on our Product Roadmap.  

We want to thank you for taking the time to submit your idea and we look forward to your continued contributions to the Strava Community.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team