cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claude82
Shkhara

It should be nice to have the possibility to configure the privacy settings for each activity.

In my case, I would like to set "Trail" as visible for all and "Gym" hide for the others people, since not interesting for them.

52 Comments
Claude82
Shkhara

Hello,

Setting you are referring to is for all activities.

I am proposing to have a default privacy setting different for each activity.

Best regards 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Greetings, 

Thanks for the follow up.  It's not possible to set a default privacy setting for activities, based on activity type.  A workaround you could consider would be to change your default settings so all activities sync into your account visible only to you.  You can then edit the visibility settings of only the ones you want to share with others.

We encourage all Strava Athletes to revisit their privacy controls to ensure ensure their selections in Strava represent their intended experience.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ScottjJ800
Mt. Kenya

I would also like to see this idea implemented. My default activity visibility is "Everyone", but there are some activities that I don't want to be visible. (Indoor bike rides or strength workouts, for example - generally the uninteresting activities.) I would like to be able to set the default visibility for certain activity types to "Only you", rather than needing to edit the visibility every time I do one of these activities.

Since this is not an existing feature, could the status of this activity be changed from "Existing" back to "Gathering kudos"? 

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @ScottjJ800,

Thank you for providing more clarity on this original idea and expanding on what you would like to see to implemented.

This idea has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ScottjJ800
Mt. Kenya

Thanks, @Bryant!

Corey
Mt. Kenya

Instead of having to set all activities to visible or not, I’d like to be able to set only my running activities to be visible and set my weight training to only me. Currently having to manually change one 

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

Please vote on and add your comment to this existing Idea.

Minerva42
Mt. Kenya

Adding my vote, I recently opened a topic on this exact feature

Sparty
Mt. Kenya

I also would like to only allow certain types of activities to be posted.  My Apple Watch connects to Strava.  I do not necessarily want people to know I completed a Walk in order obtain my Steps Goal when I mow my lawn or walk the dog.  I am okay with a Strava Posting of a Bike Ride, Run or Swim. 

alex_
Mt. Kenya

I posted the exact same question.

Such a feature would be perfect as, like others here, I don't want people to see all my gym sessions.

Now I just let all my sessions to "private" and I don't share anything. Totally useless ...

Sparty
Mt. Kenya

It is hard to believe Strava has not yet enabled each type of activity or activity session to have its own visibility.  From a competitive standpoint, I want to set the default visibility for certain activity types to "Only you", rather than needing to edit the visibility every time I do one of these activities.  It is just a simple software change.

Mitoids
Mt. Kenya

I've placed my vote.

Echoing the comments of my fellow supporters here.  

Witti
Mt. Kenya

I recently started using your app partially. However, it does not yet convince me 100%.
I just find the following hindering for me to use the app more.

I use the apple watch and record walks with it. since i live in a big city, there are sometimes more than 4 shorter or longer walks per day.
now every walk is displayed to my contacts and they are "spammed" with it.
-> i would like to be able to choose which activities are shown to my contacts by default and which are not (e.g. walks are not shown to the public, runs are shown to the public).

Alucia89
Mt. Kenya

I would love that feature, it's a pain to have to manually hide all my workouts. I track everything from my Garmin and I do want to share all my swims, bike and runs but no one wants to see my gym sessions lol it clogs up the feed. I want to be able to set my privacy settings by activity

Selket
Mt. Kenya

Currently, you can set the automatic privacy levels for activities universally. That is, all activités added or uploaded to Strava are either Private, Followers Only, or Public.

Being able to set the automatic privacy level based on activity type would enhance the sharing and logging of activities. Some users may wish all their runs to be available to Followers, keep their walks Private, but have their swims available Publicly.

By setting these privacy levels automatically, it will make it easier to only share what the user wants.