cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroCardoso
Shkhara

I think it is important for me and for other athletes that the data of the best marks / best results in the different distances (1km, 5km, 10km, half marathon and marathon) also appear for each year.

Like most athletes, I am getting older and despite training the best results tend not to improve from one year to the next. But each year I can always have moments of better form and better results.

For example, knowing my best result in the 10km in 2022 can motivate me to improve, even though I know that it will be very difficult to improve my result from 5 years ago in my peak form and that was my best result ever.

17 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

NathanD
Shkhara

Great suggestion and totally agree.

Also I would like to see a badge for EQUALLED PB, 2nd or 3rd.

Finally for run standard distance all time achievements e.g 1km, 5km, 10km etc when you achieve a 2nd or 3rd best…. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOW ME the gap/ delta from my PB!!!!

RMSouthAfrica
Elbrus

This is a brilliant idea 

VikK
Kilimanjaro

I think this is similar to my suggestion of overhauling best efforts

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/overhaul-best-efforts/idi-p/962 

Vik
Ewald
Shkhara

Still miss this from when I used the now defunct Endomondo. It was motivating to know that "today's run" was my fastest 1k or 5k so far *this year* or *this month*. Would add an uplifting moment after my run when an all time PR is far away.

WrongWayRich
Mt. Kenya

Agreed 100%

Shant
Mount Logan

This is great and keeps everyone motivated to keep moving forward no matter what.

It reminded me of the epic scene in Skyfall when M reads Tennyson:

"We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
EmilHogedal
Mt. Kenya

This sounds super great!
I guess it is also quiet linked to this suggestion?

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/achievements-since-injury-or-for-the-season/idi-p/508

holstein13
Pico de Orizaba

I couldn't agree with you more.  This is sorely needed.  

Like you, I'm getting older and don't expect to break records yearly for the rest of my life, but I would love to track my progress with each new season.  

When winter lets up, I want to get on my bike and get stronger every week.  This would be a great motivator for me to be as healthy as I can be and stay motivated.

Debbles12
Mt. Kenya

Yes!! It's been 2 babies and 7 years since all my PRs. I want to compete with my 2023 PRs!

Shant
Mount Logan

Let's go @Debbles12 !!!

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
Status changed to: Delivered
Soren
Denali

Hello @PedroCardoso and everyone else who took the time to add your votes and comments. We are happy to announce that this feature has recently been implemented.

Subscribers can now view their top 5 times from each year and a graph of their trend over time.

To view, from the Best Efforts landing page, click on an effort you wish to view and scroll down. Click on View Analysis.

The graph displays your efforts over time. Click the Top 10 button to filter your results to display your all-time Top 10 efforts. Further down, your efforts will be sorted by year, showing your efforts for that distance for that year.

Find more information here.

We appreciate any and all feedback on this feature so feel free to continue to leave comments in this thread. However, if you have additional suggestions for improvements, we invite you to submit a new idea. For more info on how to do this, please click here

VikK
Kilimanjaro

It's not quite the same as it popping up on a run as your best effort this year (makes Jan run's more motivating..) but it's a very nice overhaul!

Vik
holstein13
Pico de Orizaba

Unfortunately, I don't run and didn't realize this request was for runners only.

I'm a cyclist.  Should I start a new thread for this same issue for cycling?

And why is this mobile app only?  I rarely use my mobile app to view Strava.  The graphs and analysis are much better and clearer on the website.

Soren
Denali

@holstein13 we haven't forgotten about cyclists! We are looking into milestone achievements for cycling, too. That falls under this existing idea, so there's no need to create a new post for it, but certainly vote for it if you haven't yet!