cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khinny01
Shkhara

Hi, I'd love if we could create performance based goals or PR goals. E.g. Run 5ks within 35mins. And have some sort of tracking for it based on your personal records. 

At the moment, goals are either volume-based (e.g. run 100km in a month) or it's tied to a segment. My idea is to have a goal similar to segment goals but to make it more generic. 

This feature would be valuable because performance-based goals are commonly set by athletes of all levels to help them either reach a particular distance for the first time or improve their performance for certain events/distances. Being able to make these goals and track them can offer athletes a concrete target to hit and visualise their progress towards that goal. This is something that current volume-based goals do not fulfil as that is more about consistency rather than performance. Additionally, by making generic goals that are not associated with specific segments, we offer athletes more flexibility. 

2 Comments
Status changed to: Open To Voting
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

The idea title was edited so it will be easier for others to search and vote on. Thank you for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

SteveinCanada
Shkhara

This is a good idea. I find the "goals" in strava not so helpful in actually achieving my goals... cause my goal is to "run X distance in X time by X date" or "improve my cycling speed on X route by X km/h by the end of summer"... Great idea - I thought it was my idea!