cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HCF
Shkhara

I use Strava on my Pixel Watch, but miss some improvements:

1) The ability to lock the screen from the Strava app, hindring accidental taps on screen or crown.

2) When I open the watch app, it would be nice to get the most frequently used activity types on top. Not having to scroll all the way to get right activity each time.

3) Should be good to see a summary of the latest activity also on the watch.

Hoppe to see some improvements soon 👍💪

33 Comments
nickablitt
Shkhara

I have the new Google Pixel Watch and moving from a Polar Vantage V sports watch. The app seems to work fine in terms of start and stop and activity upload but isn't quite as good at getting feedback during the workout. A couple of things I miss:

- When running getting a notification (e.g. vibration) at the end of each km and telling me the time for the last km on the screen. I find that's better feedback than the instantaneous speed which is always a bit erratic on smart watches.

- When both running and cycling (even though I have the watch set to always on display) the Strava app blanks the screen until I lift the watch up. This isn't too bad when running but is a bit more of a movement than I would normally do. When cycling though (I guess because of my position) lifting my wrist up doesn't turn the screen on.

Other than that I think the GPS and heart rate tracking may actually be better than on my Polar. I haven't tried the built in FitBit app but will give it a go and see if it has the above features that I miss.

Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Bryant
Moderator Moderator

You idea has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

nickablitt
Shkhara

I actually posted this in 'Strava Features chat' and it got moved to 'Devices and Connections' and then to here in 'Ideas'. It's not really written as a feature request (there are two things to start). I thought I'd see what what other people thought first but ok.

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @nickablitt,

My intention was not to change what you originally intended for your post to be I apologize.
Other members can still comment on your post from this Ideas section.

However, if you feel this post is better suited within the Features Chat or Devices & Connections sections let me know which you would like this post be moved to and I'll be happy to do so.

KBryant24

MoK
Shkhara

At the moment it is not possible to change the visible data on the app screen during an activity.

Heartrate, duration, pace (for the hole run) and distance are displayed.

It would be greate if the pace could be change individually to ohter values.

Most important for me is the pase of the last km

Soren
Denali

Thanks for submitting your idea on customizing the data that's displayed during an activity recording on your watch with Wear OS 3.5. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

bwhelan65
Mt. Kenya

I need to see the distance foremost - I plan 5k, 10k runs etc. all over, so want to see (and hear) the kilometre milestones as they're reached - as I can with the phone, but I want to leave the phone at home.

Krishna
Mt. Kenya

Strava is there on wear OS. But it doesn't support all the activities supported otherwise. 

Lola
Moderator Moderator

Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Lola
(She/her)

plum117
Mt. Kenya

Hey guys, first, good job on this app tracking sports it is very helpful to see your evolution and all the metrics!

I was searching for how to change the activity types on my Samsung watch, but such a configuration does not seem to exist. I observed that more activity types were added over time on my watch. Can you guys add the snowshoeing type so it is faster for me to start correctly that sport when I'm outside?

BTW, if we could choose which activity type is showing up and in which order on the watch that would be awesome!!

Status changed to: New Idea
Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @plum117 

Thanks for posting about this.  I just wanted to confirm, are you running Wear OS 3 on your Samsung watch?  

Jane (she/her)

plum117
Mt. Kenya

Yes, Wear OS 3.5, to be exact!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @plum117 

Thank you for clarifying that.  I've edited the title of your idea  slightly to ensure it reaches the largest group of members who might be interested in this.  The Strava Wear OS 3 watch App runs on Galaxy watches as well as some other watches (for example Pixel watches) and may be available on more watches in the future when other Manufacturers support Wear OS 3 on their devices.  

Your idea submission has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting. Thanks so much for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Jane (she/her)

mstevens
Shkhara

Make this happen. Currently, I have to manually edit activities after they upload to get the correct type. Its a waste of time.